Which MAC foundation for oily skin?

lilrumpkinkb

Hey everyone, I am a user of MAC Studio Fix Powder and I am interested in starting to use liquid foundation from MAC. I heard their liquid foundations are good for people with dry skin, but I have the opposite problem; my skin is pretty oily, and I was wondering which liquid MAC foundation would be best for oily skin?

BlahWah

Whatever you end up getting, use Prep & Prime spf under it. I love its mattifying properties and find whatever I'm using wears much better with it. I've been trying out Hyperreal foundation and it's been okay with the P&P but if you don't want the dewy look, Select spf works great. I couldn't get Studio Fix Fluid to work for me (turned out mask like and a bit orangey) or the powder version (greased up more than the Fluid!). Best if you can get samples to see what works best for you, but there's my two cents.
2cents.gif
HTH!

erine1881

liquid isn't neccesarily better for dry skin/bad for oily. you just need to find the right finish. if you like the coverage of studio fix, try studio fix fluid. or you could try select spf, which has less coverage that both studio fix foundations, but has the same natural-matte finish that SFF does.

trollydolly

studio fix fluid has always worked well for me.
ur best bet is probably to go to a mac counter and speak to an artist. they can recommend a foundation for you based on ur skin tone and type. as blahwah said theyll give u some samples as well so u can see what works for you rather than committing to buying one straight away.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I have really bad oily skin and every foundation I used would make it worse, then I found my hg foundation which is stuido fix fluid. I use this and then I use select sheer pressed powder over the top, my make-up looks flawless.

Kiseki

For me, it's Studio Fix Fluid or Select Tint, everything else has been a nightmare. All I can say is if you have sensible skin prone to break outs, proceed at your own risk. You can try Studio Mist as well.

Leofemme76

Ummm ... I hate to say it ... but NONE. Every MAC foundation broke me out horribly. I looked like I had chicken pox within a week of wearing one of them, and I tried just about all of them except for the ones that were clearly a bad choice for oily skin
angry.gif
It's too bad because the colors are great ... Ah well. Now, I use Alima mineral foundation and it's DA BOMB!!! I live in Miami, Fla (read: Humid Hell) and have the oiliest skin of anyone I know. But at most, with Alima I have a nice dewy glow after 8 hours of wearing it. With all of MAC's foundations, I had problems with massive "oil spills," settling into pores, uneven blotchiness after a few hours and of course ... the cystic crap that took up residence on my cheeks and chin.

That's just my 2 cents. If you really want to stick with MAC, I hope you find one that works for you!

Susanne

One more time Studio Fix Fluid!
I have combination to oily skin (depends on the time of year
winks.gif
) and I can really recommend it. I fix it with Select Sheer Pressed Powder.

strawberry

i agree with studio fix. i have a very oily skin but studio fix fluid seems give me that matte look which is good! i used the p&p before i apply my studio fix fluid. then i apply the studio fix powder and lastly, with my blot powder. amazingly, it lasts longer and skin looks flawless
smiles.gif

Latest posts