Which Mac Foundation?!

vivbabe10

Ok... I love Mac! But I really hate the indecisiveness feeling I get whenever I pick out a certain item, because mac has so many eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, lipglasses.... You guys get the drill.

So between the
  • Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15
  • Select SPF 15
  • Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
I honestly don't know which one to choose!

My skin type is combination and acne-prone. I was using the Clinique Perfectly Real Make-up Liquid Foundation, but that totally made me break out. Help me?

Lizzie

Of the three I'd choose Select SPF, for sure. I think studio fix fluid has silicone in it and it really breaks people out, so if you're acne prone...stay away! Mineralized satin finish would be my second choice, but it might make the oily bits of your combo skin more shiny.

It also depends on the type of coverage you're looking for, though.

rosasola1

all i know is that MAC artists will deff recommend mineralize satinfinish for combo/ oily skin for sure. It is awesome.

ashleyisawesome

I broke out using the Fix Fluid. I think it may have been an allergic reaction, but my face is really sensitive. I use Studio Tech, and it doesn't effect my skin at all though. I haven't tried the other two, but if your skin is acne-prone I'd go with something non-acnegenic.

Kiseki

If you're very sensitive and acne prone, all of them will break you out unfortunately.

leenybeeny

How dry are your dry areas? I use Benzoyl Peroxide because I am acne prone, but it dries out my skin, so I have been using the Moistureblend and I LOVE it. When I don't need as much coverage, I like the loose mineral foundation. It feels clean.

moonlit

I bought the studio fix fluid and this is my second day im wearing it.My colleagues (2 of them) said (at two different times during the day) that I look fresh and my skin looks very good today and my acne scars are not visible.SFF hasnt broken me out yet.I love studio fix.I tried satin finish and dint like it.It depends.I suggest you check out in a mac counter.I never thought I'd buy studio fix fluid because I heard it causes skin to break out/ turn orangey.. I had no such problem but then again today is my second day.SFF gives awesome coverage and is matte and gives the polished airbrush look.I think you should try it at the counter before u spend $$ on a foundation.

guerr

I have oily skin and i usee both satin finish & the stuido fix fluidd. I haven't broken out with either of themm. they work really well on my facee and i always get compliments whenever i use them! =]

aic

I'd say don't buy studio fix if you have acne prone skin even though I agree it has awsome coverage, finish..etc..... I bought it when I was 18 and started using it...... and I got the nastiest(sp?) acne ever ...... before using it I would get the occasional pimple cuz of my oily skin or hormones but after using it for a couple weeks I had REAL acne...(and yeah I DO have a routine to take ALL my makeup off at the end of the day)..so long story short I started piling it on more whenever I would go out to hide the blemishes but it made things worse...... after a whole year I stopped using it and my acne came under control and I'm left with scars and stuff now...... I can't say anything about other mac foundations coz I never tried them.ok I'll shut up.

anshu7

it actually depends on the level of coverage and finish u want. studio fix fluid is medium-full coverage matte finish. select spf is light-medium coverage and satinfinish is dewy/pearly. if u can get away with it i would say get select spf but the spf in these may not be ideal for photography

s2Stephs2

Everyone's skin reacts to the same products differently. In my honest opinion your safest bet is to go to your MAC store or counter and ask for samples of each foundation and try it out for a couple of days, your skin will tell you which it likes best.

The Studio Fix Fluid provides really nice coverage and it's suitable for most skin types and it's more popular among MAC liquid foundation users. It's more liquidy than the Satinfinish and is also heavier in coverage.

The Mineralize Satinfinish is really a great foundation but there are some cons to this product. Since it's a mineralized product there are a lot of people who break out to this so you need to try it out first to see if your skin can handle mineral based makeup. It is mostly geared towards normal - dry skin types because it has a dewy/glow finish to it which makes your skin look amazing and healthy but if you have really oily skin you shouldn't use this because it'll just enhance the oiliness and make you look like an oil slick!

I don't know much about the Select foundation so I'm sorry that I can only talk about the two but they're both great foundations and you should deff. try them out to see which one you like best!

I hope this helped someone!

myystiqueen

i have only tried Select SPF 15 just because i'm after light-medium coverage... for heavier coverage, i suggest go with SFF just because it offers great coverage....

so far i'm loving Select SPF only because it suits myy need... it's not too heavy and doesn't look like i'm wearing foundation... ^^