Which of MAC's is the best foundation?

marreyes38

Im sure someone else already asked something similar but ill ask anyways. I've used (in nc30) and it was good but i saw that they also have...

-
-
-

along with some other ones.

basically i need full coverage but i dont want to look like i packed it on like theres no tomorrow...

which ones do you guys recommend? should i stick to or try the other ones (or any of the ones i did not mention from MAC)

thanx girls!

florabundance

imo, its all about what works best with your skin and so it's all about trial and error. what works for some doesnt for others. but like you, i've only ever used sff and im happy with it, and the MA that selected my foundation and matched me up, did so with careful consideration - i didnt ask specifically for SFF. but he seemed to consider my skin type and what would work best for it.

Marjolaine

I totally agree with florabundance. It is best if you try them all and decide yourself because one thing may work for me and may not be good for you at all. I'm NC30 as well, I used SFF, face&body and my new love is mineralize satinfinish. SFF has the best coverage, I used it for a long time because my face was messed up with a stupid facial care product and had a lot of problems to cover. Now my face is healthy again, I use satinfinish fluid and I simply love it. It has medium coverage, more than face&body but less than SFF. It gives a really healthy, lovely glow and I adore it, but I don't know if that will also work well with you, my friends complain how oily their face look with satinfinish. One of my friends use Select foundation and her face looks great, but I never tried it myself. Is it only me or you also get the "hello, she has foundation on" look with SFF? It looks more natural with satinfinish.

kimmy

you should be able to get samples of all the others at your counter/store so you can try them out before you buy.
smiles.gif
i definately would try them all though, because as florabundance said, it's a matter of trial and error mainly.

cipelica

The are all different:

- Mineralize SF

Shades are slightly orange, and it tends to oxidise (turn even more orange). Not good coverage, it just empresses your pores even more.

- Select

Very similar to Studio Fix Fluid, but it is much lighter. Try to mix SFF withyour moisturiser (that is the effect)

- Hyper Real

Just glow, similar to Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, but it has no middle shades (25, 35….)

If Studio Fix Fluid is your ‘cup of tea’ DO NOT change it. It gives better coverage then Select, and it has no glow like Mineralize SF or HR. If you need coverage (you have skin imperfections) Mineralize SF or HR will make imperfections more visible.
Studio FFl. broke me out, but it gives the best look ever. So if you do not have any problem, do not change it. Maybe on summer switch to Select SPF 15.