Which one is better???

marreyes38

I really dont know the difference between a "VELVET" finish or a "MATTE" finish....WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE???

I found similar shades but one has a velvet finish and the other a matte finish...i need it for those days when i just dont want to do my make up and feel likd doing something simple like this:
SHOULD I GO WITH MATTE OR VELVET???
th_dunno.gif

Amaranth

I really prefer the Velvet shades, personally. The Matte finishes can be difficult to blend at times, and it's easier to get a softer look with the Velvet finishes. Velvet is a bit hard to explain...they have intense colour pay-off, but they don't give as harsh of a look as the Mattes. Velvets may also come with a bit of shimmer (such as Sketch), a lot of sparkle (Beauty Marked), or no shimmer at all (Rummy), so the "Velvet" part is less about the shimmery-ness and more about the general feel of the shadow. I hope that makes sense, it's sort of hard to explain without being about to show you the difference IRL. But yeah, overall I prefer Velvet. And I think a Velvet finish would be best for that particular look too, because the colour payoff is intense yet the edges are soft.

abbyquack

Overall I like velvets as well- I find them to be really great eyeliners and I will echo the great color payoff as mentioned. If you're familiar with Black Tied or Mulch, those are both velvets...think of velvet fabric, it's kind of like that, where as Matte is dull, no shine/shimmer finish, just like matte paint for your house. haha. hope that helps a little.

Latest posts