Which one of these things is not like the other...

fingie

Okay, so I swear once I get everything I've bought from sellers here/on LJ I am not gonna buy anything unless its from MAC directly. Too much hassle.

So anyways, I come back to you lovelies for some help. I recently realized that I bought 2 Softwash Greys, and they are the same batch code, yet the stickers are very different. Product wise, they are pretty much identical (and match a swatch from the Softwash Grey vial that was in the holiday set in 2007 I believe). I'm just kinda confused as to whats up with the labels...

The Grape, I honestly cannot tell. Product wise I kind of want to say real but again, the label is throwing me off.

As for the Pink Opal, I'm pretty sure its fake. The jar has ridges that can be felt (but not really seen..I couldnt get a good pic of it), the cap is shiny, and again, the label is weird. I even notice a difference in how easily the cap comes off...it's not "smooth" its almost like its grinding on the grooves of the cap as you twist off.

Onto the pics;
IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7100.jpg

IMG_7101.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7103.jpg

IMG_7104.jpg

IMG_7105.jpg

IMG_7106.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7111.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

IMG_7113.jpg

The last few are in natural light by a window.

Thanks y'all!
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Not sure I have had some with different batch codes and have different labels...

Youuu Whoooo Panda...she will be on it

speedygirl247

Pink Opal is definately fake. You can see that on the bottom of the jar. I dont know about the others. The more experienced "pigment police dept" will need to comment on those.

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
Pink Opal is definately fake. You can see that on the bottom of the jar. I dont know about the others. The more experienced "pigment police dept" will need to comment on those.

Thank you for confirming that for me, as I was pretty positive but just needed someone else to validate my suspicions
smiles.gif

panda0410

Yep, the Pink Opal is definitely a fake!! Its one from the older run of fakes we saw in late 2007 and early 2008.

I am reasonably sure thaat the Grape is authentic. It has the nice off sized fonts and slightly maligned print that came with the last lot of Pro pigments - I noticed the same thing with my own Grape and Kelly Green pigments.

From what I can see both the Softwash Grey pigments look alright too. I know that I had one identical to your bottom one with the stamped batch code and that one of mine came from a CCO. The other one looks alright from what I can see too and I know that Gold Dusk which was released with Softwash grey had a similar base sticker with the printed batch codes. From what I can see I think they are both Ok
smiles.gif

Latest posts