Which powder? I'm so confused.

sel00187

Im so confused between select sheer pressed/loose iridescent pressed/loose which is the best? what does each one do? and which is better pressed or loose? thanks
wavey.gif

liltweekstar

the select sheer pressed is good for portability whereas the loose is good after you're done with your makeup and want to set it at home. it's not thick at all and it really does go on sheer. i think i'm happy just using the pressed version of this since i dont have to worry about spilling the powder. it doesn't really blot oil as well as the blot powder, of course.

i'm not sure about the iridescent one.

jenii

Having used pretty much all of the powders to date, the one I always use is Select Sheer Loose powder. It's honestly the best one. It's the best formula, it pretty much disappears into your skin, so you don't *look* all powdery. It's just a truly great product. I have other powders, but I honestly don't use them, because Select Sheer Loose is the best. Occasionally, though, I'll dust my t-zone with blot powder. That, IMO, is the second-best powder they make.

freaksinunif0rm

I have the sheer loose powder. It's kind of messy (as in the powder flying everywhere if something blows on it XD), but it doesn't make your face look powdery like the pressed one.

liltweekstar

Went to mac chat:

"MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder is an ultra-fine, translucent powder that leaves the skin matte and silky. The powder has been jet-milled and the particles have a special coating to create a soft focus effect that minimizes the appearance of fine lines. Since this powder is so sheer the colours do not run dark. They are pretty true to colour."

The same goes for pressed, too. I have to agree with what she said except it doesn't REALLY help with oil, Blot Powder does.

"MAC Iridescent Powder is a finely milled powder which gives the skin beautiful shimmer with a subtle glaze of colour. Blend it over the high planes of your face (forehead, cheekbones, and bridge of nose) using MAC brush #187. The Iridescent Loose Powder can be mixed in with your foundation or moisturizer for a beautiful glow to the skin.Or mixed in with a loose powder. A small amount goes a very long way."

Sounds nice!

sel00187

now im torn between the two :confused: thats really helpful though thank you. i think im leaning more towards the sheer loose powder. i dont have oily skin so this sounds good!

Kiseki

Loose powder is usually applied after foundation and concealer and sets the products for longer lasting results. Also, using powder, eyeshadow application is easier.

Pressed powder is commonly use for touch-ups and popular due to its portability.

The iridiscent loose/pressed powder has a shimmery setting, some people use for highlighting certain areas of the face, cleavage, shoulders and arms, however in my opinion it doesn't look very natural, unless it's a bronzing powder where most come with shimmer finish.