Which Sheer Matte Foundation Shade Matches St. Tropez?

iheartwarpaint

Hi ladies and gents. I just recently discovered NARS Oil-Free Foundation and
heart.gif
it, but unfortunately it's been discontinued before I could snag a full size bottle at Sephora during the current Friends & Family sale. The SA matched me to St. Tropez and gave me a sample to try at home. So far it's the closest shade that matches me in all brands that I've tried, doesn't make me oily, and doesn't oxidize. I'm so bummed that it's discontinued!!! Anyway, I was wondering if any of you know which shade matches the closest to St. Tropez? I'd like to buy a bottle before the F&F sale ends, but I understand that Sephora doesn't carry all of the shades available. Can anybody out there help me? TIA!

iheartwarpaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
I don't know of the exact match but I would say either Santa Fe or Stromboli

Thank you for your response! I actually ended up going to Sephora and buying Santa Fe, but it's a little too light and pinkish for me so the SA sent me home with samples of Stromboli and the matte, glow, and firming formulas. I'm wearing matte for the first time today and surprisingly it's a better match to my neck than St. Tropez since my tan has faded a bit. The problem with that is that I don't really like to match the color of my neck because I feel a little too washed out, but oh well... it's nothing a little bronzer can't fix.

As for the matte formula, it doesn't seem to cover my little spider veins as well as the old oil-free formula. It did stay on all day and I didn't even need to blot, but the next time I try it I think I'm going to use a brush instead of the Beauty Blender.

gabi03

You're welcome ^^^ I had the ma mix two shades in a sample jar to make my color match my face and my neck. Both the sheer and matte are great foundations.

iheartwarpaint

^^Ok, so I've been using the sheer matte for the past couple of days and it finally occured to me that I have dry skin! I always thought I had oily skin, but when I look closely into the mirror I can see fine lines on my forehead and cheeks. My skin also feels a little tight! The sheer matte formula is great, but it accentuated my dry skin so I decided to try sheer glow. I'm so glad the SA gave me different samples to try because I actually like sheer glow better than sheer matte. I never would've thought to buy sheer glow! My skin may just be acting weird because I had been using Proactiv everyday, but now that I no longer have breakouts, I'm going to use Proactiv only a couple times a week. Oh, and I applied the sheer glow with Sephora's airbrush foundation brush instead of the beautyblender and my spider veins were covered. Yay!

Latest posts