Which should I get: 168 Brush or Tailormade Pinstripe Set?

Anala

I'm having troubles deciding and I thought the best place to turn was here. Anyways, my reason for being stuck is the thought that sets aren't as good as single brushes or not worthy of purchasing in general.

Your thoughts on which I should choose will be so much appreciated - thanks
smiles.gif

PrettyKitty

I got the Pinstripe brush set and it's amazing! Maybe they are not like the original brushes, but they are so good, I wasn't thinking they was great like that!!

Anala

Phew that's good, I'm really lemming this set, but wasn't sure how good they were. I mean between horrible drugstore brushes, teh least thing I need is to buy a more expensive set that sheds too lol. I'm glad you like it and I've been hearing amny others say they were pretty surprised by it too, so I'm guess I'm off to get it!

Juneplum

ita with prettykitty.. i was pleasantly surprised that the tailormade brush sets are pretty damned good!! the quality is fine!!!! i'm very happy i got the sets =)

PrettyKitty

Yeah they are not like the Holiday brush set I got in 2004! Even the handles are not the same thing, it's more like a semi-matte black wood. (The others were a shiny black)

mjacqueline

I agree the brush set is very soft. Very diffrent from the holiday brush sets. You have to have it. :twisted:

Summer

I got the pinstripe set yesterday. I am really impressed with the quality of the brushes. I have 3 other MAC brushes and the rest of the brushes I own are from other brands. I used the tailormade brushes today and wow! What a difference in makeup application. I really bought the set because I wanted a travel foundation brush, but I am totally amazed of how different my makeup came out by using these brushes.

The only complaint I have is that I did notice a strong smell from the brushes. Anyone notice this? I know of a few other people complaining of the same thing. I washed the brushes so the smell isn't as strong. I am thinking this smell will fade in time so I am not too concerned.

Anyway, the Question is, do I need the full size? I prefer smaller brush sizes though. hhmmm

Anala

Ok wait they smell. That's odd - I've really never heard of brushes smelling before. I wonder why?!!!

I checked out one location today to see if they hadd the set and they didn't. I ahve 2 more to check out and I'm headed that way anyways, so hopefully I'll find one or at least a full size 168 or 190 since the first stop had neither.