Which SPF and sun protection?

sel00187

I'm off to Rome in July, so it's going to be quite hot. I'm NW15/NW20 and I have freckles, fair skin and i dont tan easily...i just go red in the hot weather. so i'm wondering what would be the best spf to use and which sun protection? ive been looking at Piz Buin oil free spray...is that any good? i'm so lost
hmm.gif

sel00187

forgot to add...i need protection for my face too im using a moisturiser with spf in, is that ok?

ThiicknSeskii

I love the Shiseido sun protection for face/body SPF 55+ (or something like that).
I use the cream in winter when i am more dry and the lotion in summer when i am oily.

IMO, moisturiser with spf alone is not enough protection for hot summer days. You should also use a high protection sunblock (spf30+).
I have similar skin to you, i really like the L'Oreal Paris UV Perfect SPF50/PA+++. It contains Mexoryl SX for prevention of dark spots, and Mexoryl XL protect from premature aging. It is quite cheap too, but i find it works better then lot of more expensive sunblocks.

whiteflorals

Not sure about piz buin... but La Roche Posay sunscreens are one of the best around imho after trying out so many different ranges. In looking for sunscreens, it is not only important to find one that has high SPF but also look out for the UVA rating as well. My personal favourite is the LRP Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 40 Spray for the face, and the Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 50+ Lait for the body. HTH
smiles.gif