White face in photos?

choklad

I went to a dinner party and all my photos showed my face whiter than my neck or my arms. I AM a bit more tan than usual because I have been spending time outdoors, but is the shade I'm using also wrong for me? I was using MAC Select liquid foundation in NC 20, which looked fine in person...

If anyone could give me advice what to do for the next party, I'd be grateful! (and if anyone has tips on how to doctor my pics, can you share them too? LOL)

Gblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklad
I went to a dinner party and all my photos showed my face whiter than my neck or my arms. I AM a bit more tan than usual because I have been spending time outdoors, but is the shade I'm using also wrong for me? I was using MAC Select liquid foundation in NC 20, which looked fine in person...

If anyone could give me advice what to do for the next party, I'd be grateful! (and if anyone has tips on how to doctor my pics, can you share them too? LOL)

don't use anything with an spf in for photos, because light bounces off the titanium dioxide particles.
i dont know what to suggest if its the wrong colour aside from buying a darker colour for summer? get rematched
smiles.gif
and use a bit of bronzer, i guess.

Beauty Mark

It might be the kind of camera you use and the flash. I know my digital makes everyone appear as white as a cloud if the settings aren't right.

lian_qiu

I've noticed some people's faces are naturally lighter than their necks. If that's the case for you, match ur foundation to ur neck rather than face. HTH

SparklingWaves

I look like a corpse with a flash, so I make sure to wear lipstick, eyeshadow, and rouge. I want at least that to show up.

Anyway, you could wear a shade darker foundation or add a bit of liquid bronzer to your foundation.

claresauntie

It's the foundation. I assume by "Select" you mean the Select SPF 15 Foundation? The SPF is bleaching you out.

Try the Stick or Studio Tech for times when you will be getting photographed, or you could try a bronzer over the foundation (but I think then you run the risk of looking not-so-cute in person if you layer it on to compensate!).

choklad

Thanks for the advice! I didn't know I should have two different foundations :S
I 'll go and get the Stick or Studio Tech soon!

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
I've noticed some people's faces are naturally lighter than their necks. If that's the case for you, match ur foundation to ur neck rather than face. HTH

I am the opposite. My neck is lighter than my face. I always wear sunsreen and I am very pale but I have a hard time with foundation because I still don't match with my neck being so very pale. I ahve tried MUFE correction matte primer to tone the reddish in my face but it didn't work plus it made my oily skin look even more shiny. Any suggestions? I don't mind if I'm stark white if I could just match and look even.

choklad

I got another question: will the same thing happened to me if I'm using any kind of products that has SPF? I'm asking because I'm wondering what would be the solution for daytime use ... I don't want to not use my sunblock!

glamgirl

Yeah, try Studio Tech and I would also put bronzer over as well. It definitely makes a difference on the type of camera you use as well. I was photographed wearing studio tech in one photo and my skin was flawless.

Latest posts