White Frost Pigment???

Brelki

I have a quick question. Someone told me that White Frost Pigment (not e/s) is a rare, discontinued, pro pigment. Is this true? I can't seem to find anything anywhere about White Frost Pigment, just the e/s. I've heard of Frost, but not White Frost. No pictures, no reviews... Only a few hits on websites saying it was used in a FOTD (but I'm not sure if they were referring to White Frost e/s or pigment).

She says she asked a MAC Pro SA to check it out to make sure it's not fake. The bottom of the pigment jar says A06, and the SA said, "verified that it is indeed an internal manufacturing code and its a rare discontinued pro pigment."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
smiles.gif

angi

Sounds a bit odd to me. I can't say for certain whether white frost exists as a pigment (I've never seen it, or indeed come across it), but it would be my understanding that a pigment with a batch code of A06 could not exist, as the first number is the month of production (1 being Jan through to 9 being September & October, Nov, Dec represented by A, B, C respectively) so a month production of 0 would not exist. Personally, I'd steer clear.

TISH1124

I know there was a White Frost e/s

But I have not seen one at the Pro store that I go to in a pigment unless it is a DC shade

I have seen Frozen White, Pure White, White and White Gold

Not sure?

panda0410

There is no White Frost pigment.... sorry. There is White, Frozen White, Frost, White Gold and Pure White.... four of those are frost finishes and one is a matte finish. Two of them are duochromes - White Gold has a green gold reflect, Frozen White has a blue reflect, and the others are various versions of white.

The older version of White (which has always been a pro colour and STILL IS a pro colour) was reformulated so there are technically two *White* pigments. The older one pre-dates 2004 and the newer one post dates 2004 to current batches - but neither were called *White Frost*.

Additionally the middle number cannot be 0 in any 3 digit manufacturing code - it simply does not exist in MAC manufacturing labelling in this range.

Brelki

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
There is no White Frost pigment.... sorry. There is White, Frozen White, Frost, White Gold and Pure White.... four of those are frost finishes and one is a matte finish. Two of them are duochromes - White Gold has a green gold reflect, Frozen White has a blue reflect, and the others are various versions of white.

The older version of White (which has always been a pro colour and STILL IS a pro colour) was reformulated so there are technically two *White* pigments. The older one pre-dates 2004 and the newer one post dates 2004 to current batches - but neither were called *White Frost*.

Additionally the middle number cannot be 0 in any 3 digit manufacturing code - it simply does not exist in MAC manufacturing labelling in this range.

That's what I thought. It all sounded kinda sketchy.
Thanks!

Latest posts