White Frost vs. Gesso

MissMisah

I know that the basic difference is that one is matte and one is frost...but is one better than the other as far as versatility, etc etc. i grabbed White Frost...basically because I got scared off from the matte'ness of Gesso. but now i'm not sure whether ive made the right choice.

can anyone vouche for one over the other?

TIA!!
greengrin.gif

DaizyDeath

i know that gesso is a really nice matte white that comes off white unlike most white matte colors and it doesnt have glitter so thats a plus but ive never myself used white frost.
and ive heard that gesso makes a very good liner when you wet it.

glueme

I love Gesso! It's good for bolder looks, but it's a nice color when used sheer--kind of like a matte retro wash.

But keep in mind that Gesso was discontinued a bit ago; I was lucky to get the lat one at my counter!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by glueme
But keep in mind that Gesso was discontinued a bit ago; I was lucky to get the lat one at my counter!

It may have stopped being distributed through counters but it's still a regular line product and is available at freestanding stores and online. It can also be bought in pro-pallete format.

It can be built up to give a very opaque pure white finish.

MissMisah

Quote:
Originally Posted by glueme
I love Gesso! It's good for bolder looks, but it's a nice color when used sheer--kind of like a matte retro wash.

yea..haha. i was actually inspired to get it when i saw your FOTD (Gesso & Cranberry)

glueme

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
It may have stopped being distributed through counters but it's still a regular line product and is available at freestanding stores and online. It can also be bought in pro-pallete format.

It can be built up to give a very opaque pure white finish.

Really?? Wow, that's a relief, haha! I got my pot of Gesso at the Vancouver Pro Store, and the MA's ther told me it was discontinued.