White hair brushes vs black hair brushes

neonbright

This morning, I wanted to test something out. I was putting on Dolce Vita Blush on and I wanted to see the difference between Mac 181 & Mac 168 brush. The Mac 181 put the blush on lightly and I had to build on it and blend but the Mac 168 put on alot of blush and I blended it out with the 181.

So for all those who has a blush that is too dark or comes on heavy consider the 181 or you have a blush that comes on too light consider the 168.

FiestyFemme

I've found that to be true as well, but I still always use the 168 for blush.
I just use a lighter hand if I'm applying a more pigmented color.

erine1881

the title of your thread is misleading to readers. how a product applies has nothing to do with the color of the hairs. it has to do with what the hairs are made of, how dense the hairs are packed, the type of product being used and whether you use a light hand or not.

neonbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the title of your thread is misleading to readers. how a product applies has nothing to do with the color of the hairs. it has to do with what the hairs are made of, how dense the hairs are packed, the type of product being used and whether you use a light hand or not.

Good to know, but I do know that both are goat hair from the Mac MUA I spoke to at a Mac store. I realize the 181 is more dense than the 168, my next test will be the two posh bushes that are simular in shape, but one is white called the "blush brush" and the other is black and called a "powder brush" but I found out from a youtuber that it is better to apply blush.

xxManBeaterxx

I love my 108 or 109 forget which number.. for blushes. Makes dark blushes go on more subtle if you want it to, and packs on the color if a blush is too light.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbright
Good to know, but I do know that both are goat hair from the Mac MUA I spoke to at a Mac store. I realize the 181 is more dense than the 168, my next test will be the two posh bushes that are simular in shape, but one is white called the "blush brush" and the other is black and called a "powder brush" but I found out from a youtuber that it is better to apply blush.

those would be the 129 and 150. the only difference between the two are the size. you can use the 129 for either blush and/or powder, but the problem with that is that if you use it for blush and then powder, you risk getting blush color all over your face. the 150 is larger so that it works better over the entire face, and can also be used for bronzer.