White residue at the opening of the mouth when wearing lip products

xcoco

Hi,

I really like wearing lipstick or lipgloss and I always moisturize and put lip balm before applying any lip product on my lips. It looks very good but after a few hours, especially when I talk alot, I guess my lips get very dry and there is alot of dead skin/white residue (I am not sure how you would call that) that forms around the opening of my mouth. It is very annoying.

How can I prevent that or what is the best thing to do when it happens? I usually peel it off or remove everything before peeling it off and then reapply everything all over again but would prefer a more practical solution... because I really don't want to leave it like this.

Thanks
smiles.gif

shontay07108

This is a really good question. I have this problem very rarely. Maybe it's the product/shade you're wearing? I know some frost lipsticks cause me to get that white residue. Also, it's a good idea to stay hydrated. Sorry I can't be of more help. It's pretty much a mystery to me, too.

smashedseries

Some people say it's cause of the dead skin cells, so I'd suggest exfoliating, love! =D Before you put on anything on your lips, use a gentle lip exfoliator and you'll be good to go
smiles.gif
And of course, have plenty of fluids through the day
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

that happens to me sometimes, mostly in the winter though. Usually I just rub my lips together and that gets the problem solved

blondie711

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoco
Hi,

I really like wearing lipstick or lipgloss and I always moisturize and put lip balm before applying any lip product on my lips. It looks very good but after a few hours, especially when I talk alot, I guess my lips get very dry and there is alot of dead skin/white residue (I am not sure how you would call that) that forms around the opening of my mouth. It is very annoying.

How can I prevent that or what is the best thing to do when it happens? I usually peel it off or remove everything before peeling it off and then reapply everything all over again but would prefer a more practical solution... because I really don't want to leave it like this.

Thanks
smiles.gif

Just my personal experience..I never have that issue with lustres and glazes, just frosts.
th_confused_new.gif

Amaranth

Yes, that's probably dead skin cells. It also seems to happen to people more often if they're dehydrated (saliva gets thicker...yeah, eew, I know). Just jam some Vaseline or a good lip balm onto your lips, leave it for a few minutes, then scrub your lips gently with an old toothbrush.

peachsuns

^^ Those are great tips.
yes.gif

Sometimes, I get that, too.
Mine happens when I put too much product around my mouth; foundation, powdery lip liner (In synch!), frost lipstick, etc. My solution is clean the corner of my mouth with q-tips after I wear foundation and lip products.

Hope you'll find a solution. Good luck!
th_wink3.gif

mizvolta

I've had that for a while, even though I wear lip balm most of the time. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm used to just wiping the lip product off and putting it on again every couple of hours.

Latest posts