Who are your favorite pigment sample sellers?

lovie333

Has anyone bought pigment samples from thebeautysampler.com ?
Are those samples real/authentic?

ugh I didn't know that thebodyneeds.com was mixing fake pigments
ssad.gif

I have purchased from them
ssad.gif

FLYSKYHiGH

What a great thread!
I've heard of this site for decent prices: thebeautysampler
Same question as lovie333, Any one else try them out yet?

goldenhen

I bought 20+ from thebeautysampler before Christmas and was really impressed. Very fast service, and my order was exactly right. I'd used starsmakeuphaven before and although the customer service was very sweet, they did miss out parts of my order twice!

I think the pigments from thebeautysampler were all genuine. I use a lot of pigments, and this order included a few which I'd used before and they are absolutely identical. The only one that seemed iffy was "Mac Pro white glitter" - apparently discontinued - which I'd never heard of and just chucked into my basket to see what it was. It is chunkier than any Mac Pro glitter I've ever seen, but to be honest I think it's more likely that this is a very old product than a fake one. Everything else from Polished Ivory to Crystalled Orange is spot on!

Plus the jars were all uniform and labelled neatly in the same font, which appeals to the Rain Man in me.

MACATTAK

Quote:
"Mac Pro white glitter" - apparently discontinued - which I'd never heard of and just chucked into my basket to see what it was. It is chunkier than any Mac Pro glitter I've ever seen, but to be honest I think it's more likely that this is a very old product than a fake one.

Since I've never purchased from this seller, I can't vouch for authenticity. However, White glitter was in fact chunkier. It also has some sort of pink sheen to it.

goldenhen

Yep, that's the one! Chunkier with a sort of violet sheen. In that case, I reckon it must be genuine. So that's 10/10 for thebeautysampler from me
smiles.gif

CeCe bOO13

Re: where do you get your pigment samples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumzum
My samples :

what samples are there can u name from top to bottom pleasee...

Almost black.

I agree with all you've already said about 1165Cheryl! I've bought once from her, 10 smaples and gpt 11th for free. She's really careful with the packaging, and the sizes of samples are really awsome!
love.gif

SUMM3RxBABii

I don't really have one..
ssad.gif

Ugh, this one girl was selling her pigments (yes 1/4 tsp) for like $1 and I was like hey, why not. She never told me they were gonna be in little baggies. She's on Livejournal...I just forgot her name

1165Cheryl

Re: Mac pigment samples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Unfortunately this seller has been mentioned numerous times on this site for selling fakes. Some of these "reputable sellers" don't seem to care about safety issues or their "reputable name." Very sad.

Thats why many build there own website, that way people cant leave feedback. So true, at one time they were trustful sellers but now they are not and they dont care because for some reason people keep buyin from them.

I wouldnt mind having my own web domain but if I did I would only sell my line on it, not MACS. I actually own one called cheryls shiny eyes but it's not up and running. When it is I'll still sell MAC from my current store, not from the new one. To me it doesnt seem right to sell another line that hasnt given me permission on a privatley own web domain.

About the receipts and old colors thats true. Personally I keep my receipts going many years back and make sure to have 5-6 jars of a color before it's discontinued. Then the one's I get from CCO's i make sure to keep the receipts. The only ones I cant prove are the few I get here. Since I keep an original jar of every color I've sold I always have an original jar to compare to. Many people dont know that MAC stocks many colors after they say they dont. for example forest green and gold frost were in stock at MAC until around 2 years ago, way after they where disc.

I still feel people should always ask to see receipts, even if it's for regular Mac Pro colors atleast a person knows they do buy direct, thats better then knowing nothing at all. I havent seen another seller but myself offering to show them, does anyone else know anyone?

It comes down to trust, having positive past sales with them and doing research. If the research is negative and you buy anyway then your taking a chance. So many sellers have a bad rep but people still buy knowing this, I guess they rather save a dollar or two.

I could go on and on about good and bad sellers, buyers taking chances when they know the seller has a bad rep, ect. It was so much easier years ago before all the fakes came out, I sure do miss those days
smiles.gif

libra276

Can't wait to check out some more pigments. I have Kitchmas and LUVVVVVING it. I want to get some empty pans so I can press it and start my collection of pressed ones.

marlojean83

Re: Mac pigment samples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Thats why many build there own website, that way people cant leave feedback. So true, at one time they were trustful sellers but now they are not and they dont care because for some reason people keep buyin from them.

This is why I'm so weary of buying pigment samples (or anything really) from these independently run websites. Yeah, it's a great price, but who knows what you're putting on your (or a client's) face! I'd so much rather trust in what I buy and spend a bit more for authentic product.