Who Got Their Cult of Cherry Postcards/Invites!!??

SoSoAmazin

WOOOO I'm so excited I just got a MAC invitation to the Cult of Cherry Event for my local MAC FS!!!!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

I've only been ever invited to an event once and that was last year for Strange Hybrid but I wasn't able to go... But I am definitely going to this one for sure!! YAY!!

chocolategoddes

I've never gotten one and I'm pretty close to a freestanding store. What's it like? Is it just a party? What does one wear to an event? Just wondering just incase I do get an invite.

clotheswhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I've never gotten one and I'm pretty close to a freestanding store. What's it like? Is it just a party? What does one wear to an event? Just wondering just incase I do get an invite.

I have the same questions since I just got my first invite. I hope they don't expect me to get all dressed up since I'll be coming straight from work. My make-up will be boring neutral as well.

KikiB

I got mine for the U-Village store. All I have to do is hope I get a ton of hours at work, not go overboard on Starflash, and hope I am not working that night.

ANNAeye

i am clueless to this also!! i just got mine in the mail today and wondering what it's all about? do you have to pay? is it like one of those "spend $50 but get in in product" things? let me knowww!! thanks! =)

VeXedPiNk

Hooray! Just got mine today *happy dance*
Called to RSVP as soon as my store opened this morning!

SoSoAmazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNAeye
i am clueless to this also!! i just got mine in the mail today and wondering what it's all about? do you have to pay? is it like one of those "spend $50 but get in in product" things? let me knowww!! thanks! =)

From my understanding, you're not obligated to purchase anything. I think it's a like a pre-launch party that's held after store hours where you get to see the new collection, get a make-over (not sure exactly?) and buy the new stuff before it's actually released. Plus I think you get a free goodie-bag and of course they serve drinks and snacks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
smiles.gif

couturesista

Your right SOSOamazin. Its like a premiere party. THe artist will dress up according to the collection theme and serve cocktails and refreshments. Its usually packed, hot and loud but very exciting if your interested in the collection that their presenting. I would suggest dressing comfortably and if you plan on trying out the products don't go with a full face of makeup because you won't get the full effect of the product! Have Fun Ladies!

bebs

they send the invites out, you can also call to be put on the list most of the time before the events they will ask you about it in store. to all the ones I've been with, its during mall hours.. but they close it to "everybody" but those on the list, however I've also never heard of anybody getting turned away at the door. I've seen many people ask to go in and just told to get in line with everybody else without a problem.

as to what you get.. to all the ones I've been to is you get a huge headache from the music blasting, really long lines and a hard time getting to the products as there is only the normal amount out. I've never seen anybody get normal product free, there are party favors once and a while like with fafi and the color pencil set and book, but thats rare from what I've seen and been to.

however you do get to buy it like 2 or 3 days before everybody else, is it worth it? IMHO I would say it's not its a bit of a hassle to me.. and the only time I've ever had problems where things weren't put into my bag that I had payed for (mac corrected it as soon as I noticed but it still meant going back out to go get it, so check your bag once you get out the store, I've also gotten wrong items before)

JessArtStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
I got mine for the U-Village store. All I have to do is hope I get a ton of hours at work, not go overboard on Starflash, and hope I am not working that night.

Im going to the one in U Village as well! I cant wait for the chocolate cocktails.