Who is?

Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey? It's been brought to my attention that there are some members curious about who I am. Being in the sharing mood I thought I'd tell you all a little about myself. Male 43 Caucasian Straight IT Manager Structural Engineer Project Manager.

Why do I browse these boards? Well my spouse likes Mac cosmetics. In fact she LOVES Mac cosmetics. I love her so I do try to keep up with whats coming out and what's in demand. There's something cool about looking at her on a Tuesday morning and saying 'hey the new line comes out today and we've got a spare couple of hundred why don't you run down to the mall and pick up a couple of things' that really makes my day. I also browse boards for Halo 3, Sailor Moon, etc... Anything my family is in to I try to keep up with to a degree so I can understand where they're coming from and what their needs / desires are.

Why am I impatient with users who are being a pain the the ass to the mods and admins? Well this is pretty straightforward. I've moderated and administered plenty of sites. So many, in fact, that were I to be offered the position again on a site I'd run away screaming like a 12 year old girl from the creepy drunk uncle at the family reunion. Administrating a board is a constant exercise in frustration. No matter WHAT you do it will seem that 49% of the members don't like it 25% of the members will be all for it and 26% of the members will say nothing. Basically you get a whole HELL of a lot more negative feedback than positive.

Take the giveaway contests lately.... lots of bitching about having the opportunity to get FREE stuff. Sheesh... if I was running the site I'd have said 'screw this' after the first one. Moderating, if you give a damn about it, is like being a parent to a bunch of 'special needs' adults. It's a constant balancing act of knowing where to draw the line whether you like the member or not. Do you let the member that you personally can't stand go a little more out of bounds than you do the ones that you like because it's obvious that there is animus between the two of you? And if you do is that fair to the membership as a whole? Again the 49, 25, 26, rule applies.

Occasionally I'll pop in when someone says something that either interests me enough to comment, I want to point out a flaw in someones 'logic', or I just want to mock someone who is being flagrantly stupid and, let's face it, it does happen. Now you know. However, if I'm ever needed, just remember.
trunk_monkey2.jpg
I'm just a button push away
winks.gif
Have a great day ladies

Janice

Thanks for sharing a little about yourself and your POV TM! You sound like a wonderful, loving and supportive husband. There's a very lucky gal and family in that equation.
thmbup.gif

Shimmer

I think it's awesome when a husband takes an active interest in the interests of his wife and children.

purrtykitty

You are an awesome husband...I wish mine shared the same enthusiasm about my MAC addiction as you do about your wife's!

auburn321

Wow!! My husband is very supportive of my MAC obsession also...but I have never seen him keep up with collection release dates or lurk here. You're a keeper!

makeup_wh0re

That is so sweet, and as far as people complaining about the free stuff, that is really nervy and sad of them. I know that I appreciate everything that you guys do, I know it cost money and time to run this site and I am so glad it is here. I LOVe this site. It is my fav place to go to on the web.

soco210

you are an awesome hubby, mine runs the other way when he sees me headed toward the MAC counter. it's all I can do to snatch the Macy's card before he bolts LMAO there is a special place in heaven for men like you!

tiramisu

oh!! I call my honey the Trunk Monkey!! Hehe
I think it's cool that you are cool with your wife's MAC addiction... well, at least my TrunkMonkey turns a blind eye to my MAC spending!!

Trunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco210
you are an awesome hubby, mine runs the other way when he sees me headed toward the MAC counter. it's all I can do to snatch the Macy's card before he bolts LMAO there is a special place in heaven for men like you!

Not me.
I LOVE going to the MAC store with her.
Looking at the new colors and brushes and all is cool, chit chatting with the employees who adore me because I'm engaging in one of my all time favorite hobbies.

That's right WATCHING OTHER GUYS SUFFER!!!!!

There is no end to the amusement I get when pretty 17 to 21 year old girl comes in all giddy and looking at the 17 to 21 year old dudes face when he realizes that he has reached his 7th layer of hell.
Or husband who probably had a few too many the night before or answered 'yes' when she asked if her butt looked fat is standing just inside the door with the look of a basset hound on ambien because he knows if he doesn't come in with her he can look forward to the couch for a month.

I admit I chuckle quite a bit watching other dudes suffer. Especially when, if they were smart, they'd take an interest and bolster their relationship and they could stand with me and chuckle at the other chumps.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
Not me I LOVE going to the MAC store with her. Looking at the new colors and brushes and all is cool, chit chatting with the employees who adore me because I'm engaging in one of my all time favorite hobbies. That's right WATCHING OTHER GUYS SUFFER!!!!! There is no end to the amusement I get when pretty 17 to 21 year old girl comes in all giddy and looking at the 17 to 21 year old dudes face when he realizes that he has reached his 7th layer of hell. Or husband who probably had a few too many the night before or answered 'yes' when she asked if her butt looked fat is standing just inside the door with the look of a basset hound on ambien because he knows if he doesn't come in with her he can look forward to the couch for a month. I admit I chuckle quite a bit watching other dudes suffer. Especially when, if they were smart, they'd take an interest and bolster their relationship and they could stand with me and chuckle at the other chumps.

I have to admit, this makes me laugh as well. Most of the guys* I see in the MAC store would rather eat broken glass covered in dog poo than be in there.

*straight guys

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I have to admit, this makes me laugh as well. Most of the guys* I see in the MAC store would rather eat broken glass covered in dog poo than be in there.

*straight guys

Haha, I agree.

My boyfriend would rather watch the old people asleep on the couches in the food court, than be in macy's with me.

and that is perfectly fine with me.Actually.. It would kind of creep me out if he was all studying lines of makeup and clothing.. eehh

soco210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
Not me I LOVE going to the MAC store with her. Looking at the new colors and brushes and all is cool, chit chatting with the employees who adore me because I'm engaging in one of my all time favorite hobbies. That's right WATCHING OTHER GUYS SUFFER!!!!! There is no end to the amusement I get when pretty 17 to 21 year old girl comes in all giddy and looking at the 17 to 21 year old dudes face when he realizes that he has reached his 7th layer of hell. Or husband who probably had a few too many the night before or answered 'yes' when she asked if her butt looked fat is standing just inside the door with the look of a basset hound on ambien because he knows if he doesn't come in with her he can look forward to the couch for a month. I admit I chuckle quite a bit watching other dudes suffer. Especially when, if they were smart, they'd take an interest and bolster their relationship and they could stand with me and chuckle at the other chumps.

hahahaha I love this. My hubby nearly cried when Express got rid of their "man chair" haha But he complains if I don't invite him along. WTF! I can't win lol ~ Mine did learn purses though, so I have to give him that one
winks.gif
I can't say I'll learn classic cars or tools as well as he learned how to tell a real from a fake louis lol At MAC and Sephora though he takes our son and literally runs. My son loves the MAC Counter though, they always give him mirrors to play with and he breaks them every time lol He loves the girls there and flirts like crazy. He blows them kisses. He doesn't blow anyone else kisses. I didn't even know he could do it until Finery came out and he was blowing my fav MUA Kristen kisses haha

Latest posts