Who really uses all their e/s and l/s?

MAC_Enthusiast

Hi,

I find the MAC eye shadow colors and lipstick colors to be addictive! From reading some of your posts, I'm not the only one!
yes.gif

Who actually uses up all their e/s and l/s, if you have a lot of colors? What do you do with them - use them for a while, keep them until they expire, and keep buying more?

How many e/s do you have? I have 34.

blindpassion

I have 64 eyeshadows and 4 lipsticks haha. apparently, I'm an e/s girl.
I also have 4 fullsized pigments and 4 full sized glitters.
I use everything that I own
It takes a while for me to use things up
But there arent eyeshadows that I dont use
over a period of a couple weeks I'll try to use every shadow atleast once
My mom uses a lot of mine too, as do my friends when they are over
So they get enough use.
I go through lipsticks fast since I only have a couple.

AudreyNicole

I have 71 eyeshadows (not counting pigments), and I do use them all. If I go too long without using something, I sell it and use the money for something I will use. I have 18 lipsticks (not counting glosses) and use every one of those too
smiles.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Including pigments, I'd say I have about 30 shadows. I have never used all of any one of them, nor will I anytime soon.

purrtykitty

Let's see, I've got 50 lipsticks and 49 e/s. That's only my MAC stuff and doesn't include my lipglasses or pigments! I do use them all, but I doubt I'll ever make it through most of them. A couple of my "staples" will probably get used up, but that's about it.

darkishstar

I use most of my eyeshadows. The ones I use daily are the black and highlight colors though. I rotate a color depending on my outfit and mood. I pretty much use one color with black and a highlight for a normal look. If I want to use my color, I don't use the black color and go for a darker color I have. And my pigments will last me forever, once I get maybe one or two more colors (like red and dark purple), I'm set with those.

I use most of my lipsticks... and glosses, there are a few I don't touch as much because I use them for things like parties and going out, but I'd say I give fair usage to it all. At some point, I am going to stop getting colors (even the LE ones!) once I build up a nice well-rounded collection, I don't think it'll ever reach 71 shadows though. Or that many lippies or glosses.

MiCHiE

I'm a shadow chick. I don't know how many shadows I have anymore (+75 MAC alone--not counting Pigments, either), but I try to use all of them, too. Usually, I try to do a different look everyday and even if I use say, Mulch in my crease for 2 days, the lid color will be different. I'm, by no means, a collector. I buy what catches my eye and things that can be worn a variety of ways.

coachkitten

I am an eye shadow girl! I have 208 MAC eye shadows (this does not include pigments) and there are a lot that I have never used or have hardly touched. I have slowly started to get away from the collecting of MAC and now I only buy things that I will actually use. I have a very sick obsession with collecting eye shadows!
smiles.gif
I only have 24 MAC lipsticks so you can tell that I really go towards the eye shadows!

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am an eye shadow girl! I have 208 MAC eye shadows (this does not include pigments)

dothewave.gif

Wow. Here's the wave. You deserve it!
smiles.gif

208...damn I'm jealous haha

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am an eye shadow girl! I have 208 MAC eye shadows (this does not include pigments) and there are a lot that I have never used or have hardly touched. I have slowly started to get away from the collecting of MAC and now I only buy things that I will actually use. I have a very sick obsession with collecting eye shadows!
smiles.gif
I only have 24 MAC lipsticks so you can tell that I really go towards the eye shadows!

Holy Shiznick! I can't even imagine owning 50 of them!

coachkitten

It makes me proud and sick at the same time that I have accumlated that many shadows!
smiles.gif
I have been collecting for many years though!
smiles.gif

rocking chick

I have 85 eyeshadows/MES/Metal-X (not including pigments), 22 lipsticks,13 lipglass/lipgelee,7 es quads/palettes. I have been collection them for one year but I don't use them all.. I only tested some of it once or twice but never wear them out eg. parrot. I will try to use all of it esp. lip products as they expire faster. If I didnt use certain items for more than 6 months,I will sell it away. I LOVE collecting MES and about half of my es collection is MES backups. But I will also use my backup collection once I finish my existing ones.

tigerli17

I have about 25-30 e/s (About 10 normal sized Pigs and 12 vials) and about say 15 lipsticks. I do a general rotation of my daily make up bag every weekend so everything gets a turn
tong.gif
There are some though that do get a lot more used than others like my Dazzlelight as that just makes such a lovely all purpose e/s. That has a very definite hole in it now whereas my Dark Edge which I use every day too but just for my eyebrows looks hardly touched!

There are things like Electric Eel and Fun n Sexy Lipstick that I still have to build up the confidence and be in a place flashy enough to wear out. Going Vegas next year though so that shouldn't be a problem for long lol.

xxManBeaterxx

I have only 1 palette full of eyeshadows, and went through 7 neutral colors in 4 years.

2 years to get to finish 1 blush. And i have about 50 blushes lol...

9 months per lipstick if i use it once a day, ive been through 4

3 monts per lipgloss , 12x

5 years to get through my vanilla pigment

8 months for foundation

4 months for mascara

Hilly

I have 125 eyeshadows and like 30 pigments and I have never gone through any of them. I don't buy backups because of this lol. I go in phases as to what I use. I have a couple of shadows I have rarely or never used.

I have about 35 mac lipsticks. I don't go through those either. I have some I love more than others, but again, I wont buy backups because I know I will get something new.

panda0410

I have 107 full sized pigments, 2 sample sized piggies and 35 lipsticks and I use every one of them. I have gone through several jars of pigment, granted I have swapped/gifted samples from some of them, but the rest has been personal use. I love them to death and they comprise almost my entire makeup collection. I use them for blush and lip colour as well so they get really good use. I have also been through several tubes of lippie - but I use my lippies more than once a day, and if I go out I take them with me so that after drinks/tea/food I can reapply, so I guess I go through them fairly quickly too. I have almost finished my first Strawbaby and dont regret it, trying to limit my use of Queens Sin even though I have two I can see me using it waaaaaaay too quickly and I am STILL buying pigments.....LOL!!

M.A.C. head.

I'd say that I use most of them every week. I like to mix it up, so I try a different color theme each day.

I have about 45 shadows, including pigments. I'm slowly building up my collection. I have about 12 lip sticks, and 10 glosses.

chocokitty

I have 49 e/s (doesn't include pigments) & 4 l/s (doesn't include l/g).

I use most of my e/s and none of the l/s -- I emptied a 12 l/s for B2M a couple of weeks ago.

spectrolite

I have maybe 65-70 eye shadows (probably more!) and lately I've been trying to wear colours that I sometimes forget about. Like this week I'm wearing the Flashtronic shadows I bought last year and have hardly touched. I forgot how beautiful they were
smiles.gif

Latest posts