Why are so many (non-LE) MAC pigments sold out on their website??

MissMarley

That's what I was wondering too....I wonder if they're being moved out to make way for new pigments..

Auryane

That's what I'm worried about.

If that's the case, I wish they would have given us "some warning" first by putting it in Good-byes. I definitely would have picked up teal...maybe some of the free-standing stores still carry them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
That's what I was wondering too....I wonder if they're being moved out to make way for new pigments..

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Ummmm...that's strange...on the Canadian version, they are all available...NONE are sold out...

I was just going to point that out
smiles.gif

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
maybe they are just out of stock. it does happen.

but they would just have that black dot for "temporarily out of stock," right? the website actually shows like five of them as "sold out, find stores". =(

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
but they would just have that black dot for "temporarily out of stock," right? the website actually shows like five of them as "sold out, find stores". =(

Good point. I just realized that every pigment that is showing up as "Sold Out" is a multi-purpose pigment. When you take those "Sold Out" pigments away, you are left with only the "eye-safe" ones listed under eyeshadows. I wonder if they are reformulating them or just killing them all together to get rid of the non-eyesafe issue???? Hmmmm???

midnightlouise

hmm. That is weird. I know they were available last week because I was checking some out. Wonder if live chat could answer this question?

martygreene

They are NOT discontinued to date. They are however out of stock, in a more than temporary manner. I'm guessing that they need to manufacture more- that the sales rate was higher than expected.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryane
Yikes! they're completely gone from the macpro page....

http://www.macpro.com/templates/prod..._ID=PROD1 519

I just logged in and checked, and they are still on the MAC PRO site.

I am going with what I was told by MAC, which I posted above, that it is a prolonged out-of-stock, not just a temporary one (waiting for more from warehouses).

MAC_Whore

Here is an email that I just rec'd from MAC. Sorry gals, crappy news ahead:
------------------------------------------------------------------

MY EMAIL TO MAC:
------------------------
............I would like to know if these pigments are being discontinued or not. I would appreciate any info, as I would like to buy extras if they are being discontinued......................

MAC's RESPONSE:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

We're sorry you were unable to locate your favorite M·A·C Pigments.
Regrettably, they have been discontinued.......

MAC Cosmetics Online
Customer Service

sigwing

I tried to inquire this same thing the other day & didn't get any responses.

I emailed MAC just like you did, MW, and didn't even get a response from them! lol Anyway, this is a pretty sh*tty way of getting rid of things we might want to buy while we still can, just not having them available anywhere anymore. What's the point of that "Good-byes" section??? It's a crock.

I also noticed on the Nordstrom's site, under Pigments, those are all gone there, too. I was going to order some more Naked & Fairylite while I could. It seems that all they have besides those & sounds of the new ones coming out are all very frosty & high color. I knew to hoard some Provence because it was obviously LE, but when they just remove what were permanent colors, with no warning, that really turns me off.

mandirigma

I just did a short LiveChat with a person named Dianna, just in case I had to pick up some fairylite after class. She said the same thing as Martygreene, that it's just a long-term out of stock thing, that it would probably take a few months to get back in.

So who knows? I'm inclined to believe that it's just prolonged out of stock because it happened so suddenly, and I feel like there'd be a lot more buzz if that many pigments went discontinued.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
I just did a short LiveChat with a person named Dianna, just in case I had to pick up some fairylite after class. She said the same thing as Martygreene, that it's just a long-term out of stock thing, that it would probably take a few months to get back in.

So who knows? I'm inclined to believe that it's just prolonged out of stock because it happened so suddenly, and I feel like there'd be a lot more buzz if that many pigments went discontinued.

I hope so! I'm glad you think that & I'll trust you! *s* I'd have thought it really was a prolonged "sold out" except for there being so many at once, and none of them being available on the Nordstrom site anymore made me nervous. The Macy's website, which is always a mess, didn't show any pigments except the ones with Sweetie Cake.

Thanks Marty! I'd truly want to know if there was going to be no more Naked or Fairylite!!!

Latest posts