Why are we addicted to MAC?

Julia Vanhorn

That is a question that will perhaps haunt us when we are flat broke lol. Is it the product is so fabulous that we just have to have it? Or is it because we want to look so pretty?

I will start first since I started the question. The reason that I am addicted to MAC is because it allows me to be so creative with so many colors. What other name brand do you know that has that many colors, and with such a wide variety of the color spectrum. I am also addicted to MAC because they last forever. I could use the same eyeshadow everyday and still have some left over a year from then. Furthermore, I am addicted to MAC because it is just plain FABuLoussss and does not get any better than that.

Keep in mind that this is a philosophy question...

user2

Because we want to be unique and MAC with its colors help us with that!

And we loooooove the color stories.....

aziajs

I think it's that MAC is unique. Everything about the line. I love the variety of products, the vast array of colors, the marketing, everything! There is something for everyone and they are always finding ways to outdo themselves. It keeps you hooked.
smiles.gif

user2

...and Crack is expensive and that's why there's an annual price increase! It's all so obvious man!

user3

Seriously...MAC is diverse.
They don't just fit around one look or stereo type.
Young or old and any color, MAC is for you!
Many lines try to sell to one age group or one stereo type.
MAC keeps it open to all!
The new collections while heavy on the wallet appeal to our "addiction". They make it cute and fun. LE items bring in more people because you worry there won't be another color like that one! The postcards are fun!
Hell, just shopping at a MAC store or counter is an event!
They don't set limits to what you should look like with makeup on!

The variety, the style, all icons, the celebrities, the endless rainbow of colors, all that glam= why so many people love MAC!

Oh and if that is not enough the MAC addicts themselves!!! We are awesome!

MissMarley

It's fun and interesting, I love the online community, I love that it makes me feel girly and happy, happy to be female- when my work sometimes reminds me of the hardships of life, playing with MAC and other makeup makes me feel lighthearted again...
and even though it can get pricey, it's still cheaper than designer bags..

caffn8me

I think a number of things set M·A·C apart from other high street brands and that is why I like them;

• They genuinely did start as a Pro brand and haven't abandoned their roots.
  • They still give professional discounts
  • The quality of most of their products is excellent.
  • I like the fact that M·A·C is not afraid to do something different and unusual or cutting edge
  • The pigment load in their eye shadows is really good so colours go on bright and true.
  • I like Back 2 M·A·C
  • I like the fact that M·A·C products really aren't that expensive compared to most high end lines
  • I love the concept of Viva Glam ($60 million raised to date - see http://www.macaidsfund.org)
  • I love that their slogan is "Makeup for all Races, All sexes, All ages"

That's just a few reasons I like M·A·C so much!

asnbrb

why am i addicted to MAC?

i think it's because i no longer go out drinking as much as before since i have an office job (i used to work for a restaurant-- lots of drinks after work) and i need an addiction of SOME SORT.

seriously, it's because MAC offers me a lot of choices and an opportunity to stand out in the crowd. i'm an Asian girl in a sea of Asian girls in Hawai'i who doesn't wear booty shorts or fake boobies. i need to stand out SOMEHOW.

PrettyKitty

1- Not expensive like Chanel and Nars, but the quality is AWESOME! (Okay some products are bad, but most of them are amazing)

2- If you doesn't like a product, and nobody want it, you can still keep it for Back 2 MAC

3- You can have a discount if you're a MA, hairdresser, ect.

4- The consumer service is great!

5- The packaging is simple and cute.

6- The colors stories are fun.

7- They have face charts for a new collection, so you can play with your makeup.

8- They have foundation shades for olive skin.

9- They always have something new!

10- They have soooo many colors.

lilxgem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
It's fun and interesting, I love the online community, I love that it makes me feel girly and happy, happy to be female- when my work sometimes reminds me of the hardships of life, playing with MAC and other makeup makes me feel lighthearted again...
and even though it can get pricey, it's still cheaper than designer bags..

I agree. When I think of how much MAC I could buy for the price of one designer bag... =p But yeah, quality is important to me.

YOOTOPiA

I have a body type that isn't really thought of when designers market their products (damn skinny people haha). So, if something works for me then I end up getting multiples in different colors. My mentality applies for shoes, clothes and make up.
MAC not only has great products but offers such a variety of colors, textures and applications.
With just one look of the display, how could you not fall in love and want every single item?

Julia Vanhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOTOPiA
With just one look of the display, how could you not fall in love and want every single item?

That is so true. They make it so colorful and so vibrant, that it makes you just want it all. Unfortunately for most of us, we are not able to buy every single item that we want.
cry.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Man - thats the right question ... I love MAC for the quality ( to me its not that expensive compared to some other the high end brands of quality. ) s

caffn8me

My grandmother had a saying; "If you buy cheap, you buy twice" and she was so right! I believe in buying quality products. They may cost a bit more to start with but they are so worth it in the long run!

asteffey

mac is addictive because its so versatile and classic--like a little black dress or great shoes. you can dress it up or down and it goes with anything. plus, mac doesnt limit themselves to one construct of a demographic. i love seeing people from all walks of life supporting mac.