Why do you love MAC so much??

Wontpayretail23

Now that drugstore cosmetics have gone way up in price and provide no testers I actualy loose money on those because if I test it I can't swap or sell a drugstore item easily so it's basicaly a give away or trash. MAC isn't that much more in price lately and they have testers. And if I get it home and it doesn't work out I can swap or sell it easily with out loosing a bundle. Money saved in the long run I figure.

panties

i love the pigments...the lipglasses have a great staying power and is cheaper than say, chanel or nars.

lara

Quality products. They aren't cheap here in AU, but I'll happily shill out the money if a.) I know the product is going to be worth having and b.) my label-whore clients can look in my kit and oooh-aah at the name.

AudreyNicole

I love the quality and color selection. I love that new collections are released frequently and I always have new options. Most of all though, I feel beautiful wearing MAC so that's why I buy it!
smiles.gif

karen

Because I was a makeup artist for a line of makeup that is quality, but is also WAY uninspiring, for 13 years... Merle Norman. I would only occasionally veer from our line, because my family owned the store. I got the makeup for free. Very good products, but BORING... and nowhere near what I perceive MAC to be.
When I stopped working there(8 months pregnant, last June), I immediately went out and started buying things I had been wanting to try. MAC hooked me; and with the VERY occasional exception of Stila and Clinique, I haven't bought another brand since.

We also sold the business in October. I took my mother and grandmother out in February to a free-standing MAC. They LOVED it! I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with a serious addiction, though.

here_is_gone_88

Because it's exciting, but more so MAC GIVES BACK. I would pay tripple..(prolly not have as nice of a collection but...) I love that about mac.

d_flawless

product range, color selection, quality + versatility, new collections mean they have longevity because they keep it fresh, and lastly, boundaries and tabboos mean nothing - all ages, all sexes, all races

baby_love

Viva Glam. Raising money that goes towards people living with AIDS as apposed to AIDS research (which don't get me wrong, I think is very important) earns a big gold star. I think it's great how they produce a gazillion VG lipsticks and they know that they won't be receiving the profits, yet they still do it. (that semi made sense)

there are a lot more reasons why I love MAC but that's a big one for me.

brandi

I love everything about MAC.... their new lines coming out all the time... b2m... viva glam... omg... i just LOVE them period!

a914butterfly

because the prices are reasonable, many different ranges of colors and products, and the colors last (stay on long), and the collections are so nice and original with so much to choose from

beautenoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_love
Viva Glam. Raising money that goes towards people living with AIDS as apposed to AIDS research (which don't get me wrong, I think is very important) earns a big gold star. I think it's great how they produce a gazillion VG lipsticks and they know that they won't be receiving the profits, yet they still do it. (that semi made sense)

there are a lot more reasons why I love MAC but that's a big one for me.

This to me is what stands MAC out from the rest of lines out there....simply...MAC cares....and a company with this much attention to awareness and detail, of course their products are going to be amazing! *cudos*

mandirigma

affordable, good quality, great spectrum of colors, something for everybody. i can also bond with my mom over MAC =) viva glam, b2m, and cruelty-free beauty are added bonuses.

another thing, i find it very difficult to get into other lines. i try dabbling in nars and shu, but they're much more expensive (i can never do real hauls... i can only come home with one or two things and it kinda makes me sad. LOL) and mac always has pretty good look-alikes for whatever i might want from those other lines.

Luxurious

so many colors
nice design
MAC products work good (for me)
there are cheaper but also expensiver cosmetics brands
you can (be a) show-off with this brand
all...I like MAC so much.

Luxurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
back 2 mac,viva glam and I just love how they come out with 500 collections each year!

yes, that's important, too.