Why don't hairdressers do what you ask them to do???

Hikaru-chan

I had my hair done the other day and even though I bought in picture and gave the stylists strict instruction I've still somehow ended up with something I didn't ask for!!

I went in with just past shoulder length hair that had about 3 inches worth of old bleached ends (which were covered with a L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss close to my natural shade) the rest of my hair was my own and for the first time in ages felt relatively healthy.
I wanted my hair cut into a one length bob with softer, wispier ends as by hair can look quite blocky if it's blunt cut and wanted to had ombre back to my hair so that the color wasn't so flat and boring.

I tell the colorist to bear in mind that a lot of the ends are being chopped off so to do the lighter ends higher higher up so when it's cut they are nice and bright but gradually fading to a darker blonde and then my natural color. He says he'll do that but he doesn't as all of the light ends get chopped off when the stylist takes over to do the cut.
As for the cut I end with a random chunk of hair on the right side of my hair thats about an inch shorter then the rest of my hair, I asked for a one length long bob with wispy ends and now I've got a gap on the side of my head where my hair is naturally thinner anyways.

To make matters worse I go into work today and two of my collegues point out that I have a defined line at the top where the ombre starts instead of it fading gradually so essentially I've had my hair cut and colored, paid £68 for it and I'm not in the slightest bit happy about it, oh and my hair is now damaged from the bleach which would be fine if I liked it but I don't.

I've spoke to both of the colorist and stylist and they have offered to blend my natural color into the line of the ombre where it's really harsh to try and blend it in and re-bleach the ends which I'm not keen on as then I might end up with a dark defined line instead of a light one and my ends will be absolutely fried. As for the cut I was told he could "thin out the other side so it matches the side he messed up I've already told him no way to that one thank you.
I'm thinking to just ask if they can take me back to as close to my natural shade as possible and I'll wait until the hair grows enough for me to go somewhere else to get it cut, I will be asking for a refund too as this is the second time I've been to this salon and twice they have messed up (albeit it was with two different stylist and the one that did it this last time as been doing my hair for the past year with no problems so I don't know what went wrong this time.

What would you guys suggest I should do? Also please share with me your horror stories and how did you get it fixed?

shellygrrl

Staff member
IMO, you should've asked to speak to the manager or owner, to tell them exactly what happened. Let them sort it out. As it is now, definitely don't give that salon your business again, if/once you get your hair fixed. They've screwed up your hair twice now (albeit via two different stylists). Find another salon. :hug:

v0ltagekid

This always happens to me, I usually do my own hair now as a consequence :( Definitely don't give them ur business again, Try to find somewhere else where they can fix it. I would also perhaps curl your hair so that the blunt line isn't as noticeable?

xo

Hikaru-chan

Well they've "fixed it" and I can still see the line of color, I mean it's maybe 10% better but still really noticeable! I could have done this myself and not got this problem. I've told him it's still not right and he's offered to fix it again, should I let him or ask for a refund and fix it myself?

pamlondonuk

Make sure you complain and get your refund, because they did a subpar job. If you're feeling brave, you could probably do it yourself without issues, it's not too tricky (maybe get a friend to help)! Otherwise as it's been suggested, go where they know what they're doing in the future, ask around for recommendations in your local area.

When I was younger a similar thing happened to me. The salon was really unhelpful about it, but in the end gave me a refund and a free gift voucher (which I used for an easy job and gave them no further business after that). In your case, I wouldn't have used a salon for what you wanted unless you happened to know someone there capable of doing it; it seems like something people mess up a lot, this isn't the first time I've seen this happen.