Why MAX factor WHY!!!!!!

MadchenRogue

Hi everyone, once again those damn pretty MAX factor lip gloss colors deceived me !!! I bought two of them yesterday from their MAXalicious glitz Lipgloss line. I bought gold Digger and guilty pleasures. Its looks beautiful on the outside, but when I applied them, they have hardly any color. The gold digger color was like a shiny see-through lip gloss almost a clear lipgloss with a subtle hint of gold shimmer and the guilty pleasure has a very subtle pink/red shine. BOTH HAD NO REAL COLOR. The quality of their lipgloss felt like Rimmel which has this orajel, "I am numbing your lips" kind of quality. Whether it is lipgloss, eyeshadows, etc...PLEASE DO POST HERE YOUR BAD AND IF ANY GOOD experiences with Max Factor. I literally said good bye to them after I removed the lips glosses.
thmbdn.gif

SparklingWaves

I had the same experience with the eye shadows. They are substandard and had no color payoff for me. Their foundation colors have always been strange on me. They come off as rather ghastly.

Ms. Z

I purchased 2 eye shadows when I had a coupon; what a waste of $. The color was like something you get in children's makeup play sets.
thmbdn.gif

The mascara (w/the plastic wand) is OK.

NubianHoneii

I was so mad. I brought a pretty 3 color "pallet" at Wal-Mart (I live in NYC and im rarely around a Wal-Mart, so when I do go up there its a big deal). As soon as I got home to test out that bad boy I realized it had no real pigment whatsoever. I was soo pissed! It was like this light wash of dull color, with or without a base. At least all wasn't lost because I managed to snag some HIP shadows and pigments while I was there.

sambee

Same happened to me with their eyeshadow. The outside was a gorgeous trio but it went on basically sheer! Rip off.

Fairybelle

The only thing I really like about MF is the Pan Stik foundation. It's a nice cheap 'throw in the gym bag'* foundation/concealer stick. I bought the longwear lipcolor/gloss duo in Midori Glam...I really don't like how it turned that cheapy pink on my lips--plus it was tough to get off.

*so if it melts, breaks, gets stolen I don't feel bad...

Tashona Helena

MaxFactor Mascara does nothing for me. The spiky brush one...I remember wanting it for a while after seeing their advertisement in a magazine...I tried it...nothing! Looked like I wasn't wearing any at all!

sharkbytes

I bought one of the eyeshadow trios with a black, yellow, and brownish color...they're supposed to be wet or dry, but what they really are is a chalky mess, ugh! Not to mention there isn't even all that much eyeshadow per each pan.

flowerhead

i used to use their red lipsticks, they were very good quality. the lasting performance foundation is brilliant imo. it lasts all day & the coverage is beautiful. i haven't really bothered with anything else.
you can't knock max factor too much, they did invent cream foundation, mascara wands & lipgloss =p it's a shame that alot of their formulas are so crappy.

Kuuipo

Even the darkest Maxalicious gloss is transparent. I own a few of these. They are however nice thick lipglass type glosses, and they don't roll on counters, they fit really well in a pocket, and are a quality value. Their eye shadow blows, its just chalky. Their waterproof eyeliner is da bomb, I have been using it for about 15 years. Their foundations are all too pink-even their "olive" color. Their lipsticks are quite emolliant. Mascaras are ok,nothing too brag about-better than average but not in the relm of Fiberwig or Diorshow.
Honestly at one time they made velvety eyeshadows....I don't know what happened....

user79

I love their 3000 Calorie mascara. It's pretty expensive for drugstore mascara here in Switzerland but it works really well.

glam8babe

I dont like Maxfactor at all... the only products i think are really good from them are their foundations

BubbleWrap

I like MaxFactor mascaras with the traditonal normal brushes. The fatter and bushier the brush is, the better for me!

girloflowers

when dressing up as marie antoinette for a school formal, i wanted white face powder and couldn't find any so i used a max factor white eyshadow instead.

I literally used the entire thing, and i still wasn't white enough. it was also chalky and foul.

waste of fkn money.

Dreamergirl3

I hate everything from Max Factor (foundations are pink and chalky even the darkest colors, eyeshadows never last, hate the lip products etc) except their mascaras, which I LOVE. I adore 2000 Calorie waterproof mascara

liv

I LOVE MF Lash Perfection. It's a shame to see most of the line floundering. They need an overhaul.

sharkbytes

I have to say, the stretch and separate mascara is really awesome! Despite how much I dislike their other products, i'll be buying this one again.

Regalis

I've never tried their foundations, but they've just brought out that new one that's a cake-to-liquid formula...? So I'm curious to try that. I also have one of their silk glosses! Which I bought because I fell in love with the colour ( burgundy balm ) and I actually really like it. I've had a few of their eyeshadows, which left me unimpressed.