Wigs!!

dxgirly

So I've grown a little obsession since October, and now I rarely go a day without wearing one. My natural hair is thinning on the top from genetics and as a side effect of one of my medications. It's also frizzy and very unmanageable, and burnt out from straightening everyday. Now I don't know what I'd do without my wigs. They give me so much more confidence and let me change my look everyday if I want to.

I thought this thread could be used to discuss wigs, and different brands, and types. Also to show off our wig collections!

I'll start with mine.

Sweet Tart:

Sweet Venom:

Pumpkin Spice Cake:

Poppin' That Bubbly:

Caramel Hot Chocolate:

Chocolate Chip Cookie:

Daydreamer:

Santa's Little Helper (with a twist):

Inject Me Sweetly:

We're All Mad Here:

Brownie Points:

Berrylicious:

Milk Chocolate Vanilla Cake:

Strawberry Champagne:

Wake Up Dreaming:

Tragic:

Ruby Autumn:

Thin Mint Cookies:

Dreamer

Caramel Chai Tea:

So that's almost all of my wigs. I have one more (a short one) that I won in a giveaway, but I haven't taken any pics of it yet.

What do you guys think? Am I completely off my rocker?
cutey.gif

DILLIGAF

They look lovely on you. I really like the orange one, Pumpkin Spice Cake. I'm newly natural meaning I cut off all my relaxed hair in October and its the coldest winter since I've moved to Miami. I'm seriously considering wigs as a way to keep my hair from the elements. Rock it like its yours honey. Once you've paid for it... it is!

User38

wigs always remind me of the song.. "put on your high heeled sneakers, and that wig hat on your head" -- like them, but prefer the song.

I think my scalp would sweat
holysheep.gif

clslvr6spd

I wear them when I don't use my extensions. I just hate having short hair & the grow out period. ;)

Nzsallyb

wow they awesome! i love the hot pink one too (cant remeber the name). love your tatts too!

kaliraksha

You have so many great ones... it was like looking at a great catalog! I love that each hair color brings out something totally unique in your eyes. I have 2 now... one for a halloween costume... one for "variety"
th_wink3.gif
... but I honestly don't know how to put them on well enough to be confident wearing them out. What do you look for in a good wig? Any tips?

dxgirly

Thanks everyone!

You have so many great ones... it was like looking at a great catalog! I love that each hair color brings out something totally unique in your eyes. I have 2 now... one for a halloween costume... one for "variety"
th_wink3.gif
... but I honestly don't know how to put them on well enough to be confident wearing them out. What do you look for in a good wig? Any tips?

I bought one wig previous to my wig craze from a Halloween store. It was supposed to be a "high quality" wig but ugh. It was atrocious. So shiny. I was embarrassed to wear it.

Then I never thought about it again until I was on etsy one day searching for funky extensions. I found this shop, and decided to give it a whirl despite my past experiences, and now I'm hooked. They're made of really high quality synthetic fibers, so they look really natural. The only time I find them to be fake looking is in flash photography, so now I just avoid indoor camera use like the plague. haha

zohahunt

I know that wigs can give you a different look . Buy have you ever try using the hair extensions apart from the wigs they are so cool and beautiful that you are gonna feel proud of yourself.

dxgirly

I know that wigs can give you a different look . Buy have you ever try using the hair extensions apart from the wigs they are so cool and beautiful that you are gonna feel proud of yourself.

Yup I have. I had been wearing extensions for two years prior to ordering any wigs. I still own a full set of really nice human hair super long ones that match the red color I normally dye my hair.
amuse.gif

The only problem I find with extensions as opposed to the wigs is my hair is VERY curly naturally, so I have to straighten it to get it the same texture as my extensions. This involves more time, but the end process usally looks nice.... the only problem I find is if there is even the slightest bit of humidity or moisture in the air (and I live in Massachusetts, so this is basically every other day here) my natural hair curls right back up with the extensions staying straight, and then I just look silly!!
cutey.gif

JennsJewelz

I think my favourites on you are Spice Cake, Brownie Points and Berrylicious :) They're all super pretty, though! :)

littlelamb

I love all of them. You look great! I'm envying your berrylicious wig. I've been wanting one that color!
I purchased a heat resistant synthetic blonde wig and I love to wear it just for fun. People think I'm nuts, but I love it. It's already styled and ready to go unlike my real hair.

LMD84

oh yeah these are great! i actually love the thin mint cookie one! such a cute colour and it really suits you! plus by wearing wigs you wont damage your natural hair!

kalesha

I'm with you. I'm a huuuggeee wig addict. I love all of yours! I'm too shy to go with different colors so I just stick to blacks and browns but I'll usually add highlights. I love that I can switch up my look whenever I want without damaging my hair and they're just so much easier to deal with than my hair!!

Cerydwen

They look great - thanks for sharing! I've been looking around for some brightly coloured wigs, but want to avoid the shiny, halloween-store variety: my daughter has dyed her natural hair bright red and I'd really like to achieve a simiar effect, without losing my job! Wigs would also allow me to change to different colours whenever I wanted to - at the moment I'm thinking purple. Could you recommend a supplier of good quality colourful wigs? Thanks xxx

Latest posts