Will MAC just let me go to the counter and play?

Another Janice!

This is sort of split from my post in recommendations, but if I go there Monday afternoon, cleaned and moisturized, but otherwise barefaced, will they just let me play in the makeup?

My sis and I went (signed up) for an event once, but that's all I have ever "played" in the makeup there. I know they have the sampler jars open of everything...but I am still curious.

Will they let me try out the brushes too?!?! Give me some help lining my tightline? Help me pick out colors?

I gettin' all excited just thinking about it!! LOL....I'm pathetic.

caffn8me

You'll have no trouble playing with the samples but you might need to find a tame MA if you want to play with brushes as the display brushes are stuck down! The MAs should be there to help you and I've always found them willing to demonstrate things. After all, they want you to look good in the makeup you buy from them. Have fun
smiles.gif

shabdebaz

Isn't tightlining lining the upper waterline close to the lash base? In that case, we can kind of guide you, but cannot actually do it as we are not allowed to apply makeup to a customer's waterline.

As far as "playing" goes, I guess it depends on the counter, but most should not have a problem at all, especially for trying out the brushes.

Shimmer

considering every time I've gone to MAC they've had children dillying in the makeup, I would hope they'd let a paying customer use the makeup. :/

Lady_MAC

Yes, go have a ball, play all day. I was at the store for an hour or so the other day playing with all the shadows. The MA ended up saying "I'll leave you alone, I feel like I'm hovering" and was really cool with it. Sure, I ended up spending but I don't think that really mattered.

I am sure you can play with the brushes depending on the MA you get. Yesterday she was about to take a brand new 192 out for me to test, but I said forget it. Some are super awesome, but others...meh. It all depends.

giz2000

Definitely try to go when the counter isn't busy. I used to love having customers come and play with the products...I'd usually end up playing along with them and having a ball...of course, it depends on the MA as well.

Another Janice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
Isn't tightlining lining the upper waterline close to the lash base? In that case, we can kind of guide you, but cannot actually do it as we are not allowed to apply makeup to a customer's waterline.

Will they let me do it myself with the brushes and fluidlines I am playing in?

ExquisiteImages

Usually when I go into a MAC store, I usually see a MUA using his/her own brush and apply the fluidline on for you. The brushes that are in a display are stuck down to the brush holder. You can always ask the MUA if you can use the brush to apply the fluidline yourself.

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Janice!
Will they let me do it myself with the brushes and fluidlines I am playing in?

I don't think so, since you would be using the MA's brushes.

joraye

I brought in my palette with Chrome Yellow yesterday (since we don't have a Pro Store in Oklahoma) and tried out a few greens with it. One of my MAs let me borrow a few brushes and helped other customers while I played with greens and oranges and my chrome yellow. really nice to be able to test what you have currently and see what will really mesh with my collection.

So yes, I go into Dillards all the time and just "play"

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
I don't think so, since you would be using the MA's brushes.

Again, it depends on the MA. I was testing the MSFs yesterday, and asked for a brush. She gave me her own, and walked away for awhile.

lizsybarite

It's probably fine as long as you're respectful about it, i.e., you don't stick your fingers everywhere and make a mess they have to clean up. When I go I just state my intentions... if a new collection is out, I'll be like "Hey can I play with Amuse?" (or whatever) and they'll usually be like "go nuts!" I'll often also ask for a few sampling brushes so they don't have to go crazy sanitizing everything once I'm finished. Just be conscientious and ask first and say that you're happy trying things on yourself; it shouldn't be a problem. It leaves them free to help out other customers with questions.
smiles.gif