Will MAC take back an unused foundation without the box?

huggablesecret

I have a studio tech I just dont want (this was my 2nd) and ive already dumped the box, but the foil is still on the foundation, will they take it back? I just want to swap for studio fix fluid
ssad.gif

juicyaddict

It is worth to give it a try, do you still have receipt or some proof of purchase like bank/cc statement?

Aussiechick28

If you have the receipt then i think they should take it back. After all, they're not going to re-sell it anyway.

yeahwrite

They definitely will if you have your receipt. I know at my freestanding store, I've exchanged stuff without a receipt if they had entered the purchase into their system and could track the purchase that way.

amoona

Without the box you can't return the product. I know some Nordstroms will make the exception if you have the receipt but that means you'd have to have bought it from a Nordstroms.

MisStarrlight

At my store we will only return with a box and a recpt, but if it's an exchange if you have one or the other we will do it (but you'd have to buy a sponge or something since ST is more than SFF...at my store anyway)

farra712

I was told at my counter that MAC says that they HAVE TO accept any returns for any reason (unless the product is pretty much used up) and if there is no receipt, it can be given as a credit or exchange only. However, my freestanding store and lots of other stores refuse returns without a receipt. I would email MAC if you aren't able to return it, because they may be willing to let you send it back to them for an exchange. It might seem like a hassle, but it is better than just having something you won't use.

astronaut

That's why I get my makeup at Nordstrom. Hassle free returns (I think I always have the box and don't return makeup that much, but I think they wouldn't refuse something without a box).