will this cause breakouts

Ariesgirly

Anyone familiar with these ingredients? Will this cause breakouts? This is a face primer. I was nervous about the oil....

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Water.

user3

I personally have a problem with Icones. Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer are no no's for me. It all depends on what would cause problems for you.

Dreamergirl3

I have a "cone" problem as well, but only if they're high on the ingredient list. Usually I have little or no probs with the oils, even though I have oily skin. HTH

Ariesgirly

Thank you so much for those links! I found out that one ingredient was in my Benefit Powder. I think this is what was causing me to break out. The top ingredient list I posted was Paula Dorffs makeup primer in case someone was curious.

mspixieears

Personally, I can't use anything with propylene glycol in it. I'm horribly allergic to it. But it's not in the first 5 ingredients listed - which if it were, I'd recommend everyone avoid it.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariesgirly
Anyone familiar with these ingredients? Will this cause breakouts? This is a face primer. I was nervous about the oil....

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Water.

Different oils have different comedogenicity ratings, so not all will cause you to break out as much as other. Also it's goign to depend on your own skin. B/c I can put just about anything on mine and not have any problems. But I'll look up those ingredients in my books and see what I can find as too how they are rated.