will this ever be a happy day again?

MissMarley

Last year on August 23, my dad officially left my mom. he refused to tell his side of the family, and asked me to. he had told me the day before, had driven up to Missouri just to tell me, then drove back down to Texas to leave her. 25 years of marriage. And over this year, i've found out lots of lies, lots of infidelity, and lots of pain. now it's one year later, and i woke up in tears.

Did I mention today is my birthday? I guess I shouldn't expect birthdays to be awesome anymore- I'm 26, I should get past that. But am I ever going to enjoy it again, or will it always just be the day my dad left and started the long process of ripping my family apart?

gildedangel

I'm sorry that this has happened to you and your family, especially on your birthday. It will probably take a few years to get over, but it is better that your parents split than for them to have been unhappy. Sometimes it is hard to think of parents as "adults" like us. Be sure to plan something fun for yourself today to take your mind off of things and enjoy your birthday (you are never too old to enjoy your birthday!) Happy birthday!
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Happy Birthday!! How long has it been since that happened? Like someone else mentioned the day will come where you will have a fun birthday again. I've noticed for me the older I get the more it seems like any other day but your too young for that
smiles.gif

I've had bad things happen on holidays or special days that are now marked with a sad experience. Over time it did get better and now I can enjoy that holiday again. I've made good memory's so when "that day" comes now I give a silent kiss & prayer to the person I lost and go on with the rest of the day and enjoy it.

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Happy Birthday!! How long has it been since that happened? Like someone else mentioned the day will come where you will have a fun birthday again. I've noticed for me the older I get the more it seems like any other day but your too young for that
smiles.gif

I've had bad things happen on holidays or special days that are now marked with a sad experience. Over time it did get better and now I can enjoy that holiday again. I've made good memory's so when "that day" comes now I give a silent kiss & prayer to the person I lost and go on with the rest of the day and enjoy it.

Today is the one year anniversary. So it hasn't been that long- and I've been very focused most of the year on just getting my mom through it, and dealing with my dad as he changed drastically. Now I'm taking a step back and really grieving.