Wisdom Teeth being pulled...tips for someone who is STRESSED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_love

So today at 2 I have to go get all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. I'm so nervous and starting to get really stressed out about everything...UGH so much is going on right now with me. I just go this new job and I have to go fill out paperwork at 10:00 am today and then have to get teeth pulled which freaks me out so badly and then on Monday I have to start Macy's orientation all the way downtown in Union Square.

Sorry this is basically a venting post, but I'm also just wondering if you guys have any tips for a quick recovery because I'm so nervous right now that I won't be better by Monday.

Thank you ladies...I appreciate it <3

CantAffordMAC

I think you should try to relax. Stressing will definetly not help you have a speedy recovery. And get a lot of sleep after you get the teeth pulled, and pain medication always helps.

I'm sure you should feel mostly better by Monday. Good luck!
winks.gif

EDIT: I guess I was wrong. LoL I wasn't trying to make it sound like a simple procedure. I have to get mine taken out as well. I just meant that you might be able to function better and get things done. Perhaps I was wrong...

noahlowryfan

your cheeks will get swollen. there will be pain. you won't be able to eat hard foods maybe for like 2 weeks or more so think about what soft foods you can eat. there's no such thing as a quick recovery. it will take like a week or more to fully recovery. you will have to make another appointment in a week so the oral surgeon can see how well it is healing.

my brother has his wisdom teeth pulled last Friday and he has another appointment today to let the oral surgeon to see if he is healing good.

hrdruian

i think recovery depemds on how they do it. mine were done 3 days before my first day of my senior year of high school. i was not happy, but i also wasn't too puffy when i started. He didn't put me completley under and i think that's why my recovery was faster. I think that those who go completley under take a little longer to heal.

You'll be fine though, good luck and it really isn't so bad. Just be sure to not drink out of a straw and do exactly what they tell you to do so you don't get dry sockets.

Good Luck on everything!!!

NutMeg

You definitely won't be back to normal by Monday. Your jaw gets very swollen and you can't open your mouth all the way. You can't eat anything that can't fit into your mouth, which isn't much, and straws are a definite no no. You really don't want to break those blood clots. I don't want to freak you out because it isn't the end of the world or particularly difficult to get through, but you won't be yourself for a few weeks. It's unfortunate that you have orientation on Monday, that was probably bad scheduling on someone's part. I didn't want to go to work for about five days. Anyway, good luck. You can get through the orientation, it just won't be fun.

pnayluvs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_love
So today at 2 I have to go get all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. I'm so nervous and starting to get really stressed out about everything...UGH so much is going on right now with me. I just go this new job and I have to go fill out paperwork at 10:00 am today and then have to get teeth pulled which freaks me out so badly and then on Monday I have to start Macy's orientation all the way downtown in Union Square.

Sorry this is basically a venting post, but I'm also just wondering if you guys have any tips for a quick recovery because I'm so nervous right now that I won't be better by Monday.

Thank you ladies...I appreciate it <3

I had all 4 of mine taken out right before Thanksgiving. Are any of your wisdom teeth out yet? My bottom two were compacted and for the most part out but at an angle. Those two took the longest to heal for me, just because there wasn't much gum flap for them to try to close the hole. The top 2 were just barely coming in so those didn't hurt as much.

It took me 4-5 days to feel better and eat somewhat. I didn't have much swelling, because I was iced my face as soon as I got home and did that throughout the weekend.

My suggestion, switch off using ice and heat as much as possible throughout the weekend. Eat soft foods, and lots of soup! Most importantly get lots of rest!!

Ms. Z

Make sure you are knocked out for the procdure and you will be just fine.
I didn't think it was a problem. I got two removed on a Friday, baby sat on Saturday and was back to work on Monday like nothing happened.
A few people made a big deal out of it scaring the hell out of me and to be honest (since I was asleep for the extraction) it was no big deal.

Good Luck & Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

clslvr6spd

^^ I was the same way! I was out and about the next day. (I had all 4 pulled w/ 2 impacted.) JELLO!! that was my friend the day they got pulled. They should give you a monoject to clean out your mouth use warm salt water, it will taste bad but it works. I also used an ice pack. Good Luck and don't be nervous, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. (IMO)

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
^^ I was the same way! I was out and about the next day. (I had all 4 pulled w/ 2 impacted.) JELLO!! that was my friend the day they got pulled. They should give you a monoject to clean out your mouth use warm salt water, it will taste bad but it works. I also used an ice pack. Good Luck and don't be nervous, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. (IMO)

I had the EXACT same experience - 2 impacted, all 4 at once, no issues at all. I still took a few days on the couch though - I wanted to have a full recovery before I did anything. I had no swelling (although minor bruising on my cheek which one of my friends mistook for screwed up makeup!) and very little pain. It is different for everyone though - it really depends on your body. Either way, do what the doctor tells you, rest like crazy, watch lots of TV, and get someone to make you Jello, pudding, and soup at your request. Also, those slim-fast drinks are a good way to get some calories while you are recovering. Good luck, and I hope for you to have a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts