WOC Bridal Emergency!

MissPanther

So, I have a bridal appointment with this young woman who is I believe an NW55, and very insistent on using the "Love Forever!" Pro Longwear Lipcreme for her wedding. I was very hesitant when she was talking about it during the consultation, and comparing the colour to the foundation it just... Doesn't seem flattering. So I have two choices:

1) Tell her that it wouldn't look very flattering on her and try to steer her into a more flattering colour for her skin tone

or

2) Use that colour and make her eyes a bit more neutral, focusing mostly on the lips

Her bridal dress she showed me is also a deep navy blue, with her wedding decore being navy blue and emerald green. Hot pink doesn't exactly scream to me "flattering"

cutemiauw

I'm answering this from my experience as a bride.

I would rather go with option two. At least let her see how the lipstick color look on her. If she really loves it, then she should have the color. It's her wedding day after all. Besides, flattering or not is sometimes just a matter of taste. Just IMHO.

MissPanther

That's very true... Well, at the very least I'll be able to show her if it looks good or not on Friday :S

L281173

Let her sample the lipcolor first. I think that that lipcolor is a little to overpowering for a wedding. I would think something softer.

VAQTPIE

It sounds like she's a non traditional bride (navy blue bridal gown). I agree with the other posters, let her try it...then ease in some alternate, more flattering suggestions.

blazeno.8

I would go ahead and let her try a variety of colors to give her multiple options. I wouldn't come out and tell her that I find it unflattering, I would probably let her come to that decision herself. Maybe Love Forever, possibly a darker pink, red, and a nude. I also agree with the lip liner suggestion. It might be that Love forever might look good in the center of the lip over the correct lip liner. In the end, if she still find it flattering and wants it then more power to her.