WOC: Does anyone own MUFE's Yellow 2?

Kimmy4205

and not had luck with it? It seems to be chalky for me, and doesnt have very long lasting power. Anyone else experience this? Because all the reviews I've seen are positive.

HeavenLeiBlu

Yeah, I'm not crazy about it at all. Very chalky, and I have better payoff and staying power with a matte yellow I got from Beauties Factory. I prefer Ben Nye's Sun Yellow over both of tem, but it's not matte.

CeCe88

i have the MUFE#2 eyeshadow and the way i make it BRIGHT is to use a white base underneath and i pat the eyeshadow on. it doesn't look powdery or chalky
smiles.gif

Nepenthe

I wanted it badly, but when I played around with the tester it came across as obnoxiously chalky.

I've had to do a white base under any sort of matte yellow to make it pop. Definitely one of the more difficult mediums to work with.. despite it being gorgeous.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe88
i have the MUFE#2 eyeshadow and the way i make it BRIGHT is to use a white base underneath and i pat the eyeshadow on. it doesn't look powdery or chalky
smiles.gif

I do that... and it's still doesn't make it worth it, to me. To be fair, it does help though.

I just feel like, if I have to do a bunch of extra shit to make it work... it really doesn't work and isn't worth the pricetag...I'm just sayin'.

I have a shadow w/ identical color that I paid 1.50 for that works better.

Luckily, I didn't get #2 retail so it wasn't that much of a loss.

blazeno.8

I don't have MUFE 2, but I do have Chrome Yellow. I guess I cheat a bit by putting it over Corn shade stick which has long since been discontinued. If I really want it to pop, I put a color much like Crystalled Yellow Glitter over it. There's a photo on my blog that's a yellow and green look that's from April if you want to take a look.

Latest posts