WOC: Girl about town!!!!

K_ashanti

i'm seriously wanting this, but i'm not much of lipstick wearer!!! any tips??? what kind of eyes and blush should i do with this???? do i i need a liner??? LOL i'm so confused i really want to do the bold lip thing!!! oh yeah i'm nw 45

Caramel_QT

love girl about town lippie. I like to wear it with a fairly simple eye look. Expensive pink on lid and folie in the crease, lots of black liner and mascara. I will also do a blush like desert rose or even dolly mix. There are so many ways to wear this lipstick I keep coming up with new looks based around this shade, lol.It's a must have IMO.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg
ur 45? wow u dont like a day over 30!

lol... was that a joke?
I think she means NW45 in foundation.

garnetmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel_QT
love girl about town lippie. I like to wear it with a fairly simple eye look. Expensive pink on lid and folie in the crease, lots of black liner and mascara. I will also do a blush like desert rose or even dolly mix. There are so many ways to wear this lipstick I keep coming up with new looks based around this shade, lol.It's a must have IMO.

I agree with Caramel_QT. Anytime you wear a bold lip it's good to keep the eyes fairly toned down. You could do just a sweep a natural e/s that matches your skin tone plus liner and mascara. If you're very daring though you could try a green eye with a bright pink lip. I use NYX Serengeti Trio for this. I've gotten compliments when I do this look.

Sometimes Girl About Town or any other bright lip can be a little over the top so I blot it with a tissue to remove some of the color then use a coordinating gloss to sheer the color and reduce the intensity. This can make a bright lip more wearable especially for the faint of heart. HTH.
smiles.gif

KJBarbie

I got this through B2M and LOVE it...not a lipstick wearer myself but would have purchased this. It makes me feel glam and sorta "Beyonce" if I may...

SassyMochaJess

I'm struggling with this lippie just doesn't work for me. I'm gonna purchase and try it with pink poodle l/g and see. For me I think I imagined more of a vibrant pink and well its like a purple-ly fuchsia. Make sure you really love it before you purchase it, I wish I would have. I'm thinking about trying lickable l/s. Anybody have the two? How do they compare and what not?

CGM

I love gat, I wear it with nightmoth liner and pink poodle l/g, also fantabulous d/g, I sometimes use prunella eye kohl as a lip liner with it (yes..I do
lol.gif
), when I first started wearing gat I used magenta l/l.
you might love show orchid l/s also

ClaireAvril

i wear GAT with magenta liner.. thats it.
i also just got violetta (finally) through back 2 mac @ the PRO store. Thats another vibrant WOC must have.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
lol... was that a joke?
I think she means NW45 in foundation.

lmao I think the person misread

thewinglessbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg
ur 45? wow u dont like a day over 30!

Lol! She's actually 24, I think.

Anyhoo, da_hood_model, you iz gorgeous!

K_ashanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
i wear GAT with magenta liner.. thats it.
i also just got violetta (finally) through back 2 mac @ the PRO store. Thats another vibrant WOC must have.

i want this too i have a lot of b2m so i will get both

nonchalantbeaut

I actually bought GAT but the amplified creme finish was too much for me to handle since I'm more of a gloss and neutral person. It was very bold and in your face agains my nw45/50 skin. I actually liked, and eventually bought, Lickable much better. I love the cremesheen formulas because of the slight shine and its buildable so you can use it like a stain or go heavy and bold. Both GAT and Lickable last a long time and leave a slight stain on the lip even after it rubs off.

SassyMochaJess

^^^ I'm gonna try lickable l/s and see because GAT is just too much for me, its obnoxious bright on me. Plus I have very full lips... I'm also NW45. Thx hun!