WOC: Holiday 08 Adoring Carmine/Passions of Red/Little Darlings etc. Thoughts/Hauls?

lsperry

MsButterfli

i preordered the cool eyes n smokey eye sets, i have just about the entire set of MAC brushes in SE sizes, fightin the urge even tho they r red lol

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
what is everyone getting from the upcoming holiday collections? any thoughts on the products in regards to woc? let's discuss.
mac_haul.gif

Adoring Carmine = lip bags + brush sets
Passions of Red = eye + lip palettes
Passionately Red = Viva Glam lip palettes
Little Darlings = pigment + lipglass/lustreglass + eyeliner sets
Enchanting Vermillion Fashion Eye Kit = bag with lashes, fluidline, mascara, glitter and eyeliner brush

Adoring Carmine- ZIP ended up with a brush set in a swap, lol
Passions of Red- probably all the eye palettes, I need to flesh out my e/s as a newbie
Pass Red-ZIP
Little Darlings- Pink lips and Pigments
Eye Kit- Nope, I HATE zoom lash

nicoleh619

I pre-purchased the eye brush set already at the Red In store event last week and I had a chance to see the eye sets and lippies. I was very interested in the neutral lip set but after seeing it IRL AND trying them on I decided against it. For one the lip sets are made up of glazes (seem cheap IMHO and lack pigmentation...so if you have pigmented lips of some sort its really just a sheer wash of color most looked like a gloss or shiny tinted lip balm). For those of you who want to buy the eye sets IMHO the only one worthy of purchase is the smokey eyes set...the colors are dupable by my collection except for the pretty shimmery gay color very pretty and unique....I may still get that one :) and yes I'll get the pigment sets those are always worth buying. I brought the holiday lipglass set last year and still have brand new beaux and love nectar and cthru are daily favorites so I will prob get the pink lipglass set this time if anything. Hope I didnt rain on anyones parade about what to buy...I'm just telling it how I saw it.
mac_addict.gif

mizzbeba

Not really moved by anything and I most def. did not pre-order anything. I want to take a peek at the plum lips palette but we'll see.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
as of right now i'm only interested in the smokey eye palette [i've been wanting one of these since forever, the one from last year was not pigmented enough] and the 3 rose lips bag [i lurve pinks and colors are to die for].

i may check out the warm eyes palette and the 3 neutral lips bag. they would have to be really fantastic in real life for me to get them. at $38 & $35 a pop these things add up. i'm skipping the brush sets because i have all of the ones from last year.

my strategy is to get everything i really want right now then wait for everything to show up at the cco in a few months. cause believe me, they will show up. i've seen a number of the palettes, brush sets, lip bags, pigments, liners etc. from last holiday at my cco. in fact, they are still there now. with the way the economy is now i highly doubt these will set out, well not in my state at least.

I called a couple ccos to check on items today and they basically had all of the brushes from last year and color forms etc, so this maybe a sound plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbeba
Not really moved by anything and I most def. did not pre-order anything. I want to take a peek at the plum lips palette but we'll see.

Since I joinged Specktra, I have been learning so much and I know this sounds like a stupid question but you mentioned pre-ordering..Ummm....
th_confused_new.gif
how can one pre-order?
th_dunno.gif
I'm so embarrassed...I feel like i should know this.

Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
Since I joinged Specktra, I have been learning so much and I know this sounds like a stupid question but you mentioned pre-ordering..Ummm....
th_confused_new.gif
how can one pre-order?
th_dunno.gif
I'm so embarrassed...I feel like i should know this.

You can pre-order on the MAC website. If you are interested in a collection, you can make pre-order purchases on the website before it's initial launch in the MAC stores/counters. So basically you get to actually purchase the products before everyone else does, so to speak. Hope this was helpful. Don't feel embarrased, we're all here to learn
smiles.gif

gabi03

Yea...all i got was the warm eyes one, i'll try it since i don't have any kind of fall like colors. All the rest just do not really appeal to me. Its like MAC is running out of ideas for stuff now. The brush sets sounded like a good idea then i was able to touch them and they just felt awful, not even decent enough to travel with! But I do have to add its nice to have red lips back in style!

damsel

so i checked out the collections this past week. i stuck to my guns and only ordered what i had already planned to [smokey eyes palette + rose lips bag]. i love them both they are so gorgeous.

i must say that i really liked the warm + cool palettes too, the colors are really pretty. i'm still gonna pass for now because there are a lot more spectacular collections coming up.

i liked the brush sets but i still have the ones from last holiday and they are holding up just fine. i may still pick up a few when they get to the cco because i like the color and the fact that it comes with 2 bags.

MsCocoa

I'm not really wowed by anything so for now just the Warm and Smokey Eyes Pallettes and the 5 Neutral Lips Set.

michmom2

I pre-ordered thru Macy's and i bought the:

Cool Eyes palette
Viva Glam Warm palette
Adoring Carmine Red lips
Eye brush set (love the red!!)
I also bought:
Date Night, Sugarrimmed, and Baby Sparks d/g
Stark Naked blush
DangerZone e/s
Petticoat msf

jilliandanica

I picked my stuff up and I love them!

The Warm Eye palette is perfect for my makeup bag because it has a great mix of neutrals to pull off a polished work look and then you can throw on some of the burgundy (Well Spiced?) or forest green (Sweet Joy?) to vamp it up for a night out!

I also picked up the Viva Glam Cool Lip. Definitely a great buy because:
1. 100% goes to MAC's AIDS fund! It's a gift for you and for many others =)
2. The colors work great for day or night!
3. It's a HOT little palette to whip out haha

Buy now!!