WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze

CartoonChic

You got it!
th_shake2.gif
Or maybe we should go back for the 'Touch Up Kits'!!
I missed you yesterday! Did you pick up your goodies? If so are you happy with everything?
I've been offline trying to get some work done. I've been so busy that I haven't made it to the store yet, but I'm going today. Need a break. I'll probably be offline for most of today, too. I'm just sneaking a moment to get a Specktra fix then it's back to work.

Medgal07

I've been offline trying to get some work done. I've been so busy that I haven't made it to the store yet, but I'm going today. Need a break. I'll probably be offline for most of today, too. I'm just sneaking a moment to get a Specktra fix then it's back to work.
Glad all is well, and good luck with your project! I should get two deliveries tomorrow and my final (said tongue-in-cheek w/a wink) next week.
I need a break from makeup hauling. There's no time to play with it all!!
girlhaha.gif

860CTBeauty

I picked up my pre-order this afternoon and ladies I must say Glamourdaze Lipstick is EVERYTHING!!! I tried it on once I got home and immediately called back to my MAC store to put another on hold. I have to have back-up! It's like my lips but BETTER!!!

Prettypackages

Picked up my order. TDH is nice, but my nordies was out of stock. Not sure I want to search for it.

Round MIdnight is pretty, but not a must have if you have Rich Core.

Now Glamourdaze?!?!?! SUCKS on me. IT was very blah. It turned out plummy mauve, and did nothing for my face. I was not disappointed they were sold out.

Now the purple in Chanel's HOliday collex, rocked!!!

sss215

I picked up my pre-order this afternoon and ladies I must say Glamourdaze Lipstick is EVERYTHING!!! I tried it on once I got home and immediately called back to my MAC store to put another on hold. I have to have back-up! It's like my lips but BETTER!!!
I was thinking of looking at that one.

love the shadows, check out Ready to Party and A Natural Flirt for their duochrome-ness on brown skin. The remind me of Vellum and Motif, but better.

Dramatic Encounter. Love it, but its been done so many times! Flight of Fancy, love that too, but it looked like New Berry to me. I like the collection overall.

Has anyone taken any pictures wearing WOG or Superb. Any funny casts? I think they are pretty, but scared they will look a mess when photographed on darker skin.

aradhana

Now Glamourdaze?!?!?! SUCKS on me. IT was very blah. It turned out plummy mauve, and did nothing for my face. I was not disappointed they were sold out.

oh no!
i bought both of those!
aaaand i already have rich core. but rich core left me feeling it should have been darker, so maybe it's ok....
as for glamourdaze, i hope i'm not disappointed as well....

860CTBeauty

I am on the fence about "A natural flirt" I had it on my list and thought I would've picked it up yesterday with my pre-order but it swatched a tad chalky IMO. I'm going to try it again b/c it is such a lovely color. I thought "Ready to party" was a pass but I fell in love after swatching that EDES. Can't wait to use it. Today I'm rocking "Stolen moment", Rich Core and Sketch. Saddle as a blending color and Ricepaper as a highlight. I'm liking the taupes this fall.

DILLIGAF

I got Round Midnight and Stolen Moment EDES to wear together for some smokey goodness. I also bought WOG EDSF for myself and Superb for my sister. I'm on the fence about Orpheus pencil. I'm wondering how it compares to Black Line Pearlglide pencil. I know they have different finishes but if they are similar in color I'm going to have to pass on Orpheus.

Copperhead

I got Round Midnight and Stolen Moment EDES to wear together for some smokey goodness. I also bought WOG EDSF for myself and Superb for my sister. I'm on the fence about Orpheus pencil. I'm wondering how it compares to Black Line Pearlglide pencil. I know they have different finishes but if they are similar in color I'm going to have to pass on Orpheus.
I'm assuming Orpheus would be safer for use in the waterline whereas I've heard the Pearlglides aren't waterline safe. I guess that would be something to consider IF you plan on wearing any of them in your waterline.

I don't have any EDES's so I'd like to go check them out. My Outrageously Fun l/s is waiting for me at the P.O.

Prettypackages

oh no!
i bought both of those!
aaaand i already have rich core. but rich core left me feeling it should have been darker, so maybe it's ok....
as for glamourdaze, i hope i'm not disappointed as well....
don't get me wrong, I have very pigmented pink lips, so it pulled only ok on me. I have better MLBB lipsticks.

Also, I had to budget for this collex. So if I could I would've bought Round Midnight. It was gorgeous. I just don't need it.

DILLIGAF

don't get me wrong, I have very pigmented pink lips, so it pulled only ok on me. I have better MLBB lipsticks.

Also, I had to budget for this collex. So if I could I would've bought Round Midnight. It was gorgeous. I just don't need it.
Round Midnight is stunning. Alone it will make a quick and simple smokey eye. Along the lines of the way that I used the earlier released black one ( I forgot the name). If you get a chance to revisit this collection I would definitely grab Round Midnight.

CartoonChic

I'm going back for Round Midnight today. It looked like a muddy brown color when I first swatched it at the unveiling event. I swatched it again last night at a different counter and I could see more of the purple tone. It's a nice, dramatic color. I think the first tester I tried was ruined from the event. I'm also getting a BU of Whisper of Guilt. I tried talking myself out of getting it, but ended up enabling myself.

I don't like Innocence at all on me and it's being returned. It's Tyrone Biggums. Or should I start saying Ashcake Ashley? That's only for an ashy face, right? Does it include ashy lips, too?

DILLIGAF

I'm going back for Round Midnight today. It looked like a muddy brown color when I first swatched it at the unveiling event. I swatched it again last night at a different counter and I could see more of the purple tone. It's a nice, dramatic color. I think the first tester I tried was ruined from the event. I'm also getting a BU of Whisper of Guilt. I tried talking myself out of getting it, but ended up enabling myself.

I don't like Innocence at all on me and it's being returned. It's Tyrone Biggums. Or should I start saying Ashcake Ashley? That's only for an ashy face, right? Does it include ashy lips, too?
DEAD!

kimbunney

I'm not huge on Glamourdaze either! I want to just love it but I feel like its just okay. I could live without it.

Quote:

shontay07108

I ended up buying Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Impossibly Sweet lipglass Ready to Party shadow, Small Vanity blush and the nude gloss set. I'm really happy with all of it. I love that OF is straight up pink. There's no purple/lavender tint to it. I'm tired of colors like that. Glamourdaze is amazing on me (IMO). It's different from other colors I own and I love that while there's no shimmer, it has a nice sheen to it. Very comfortable on the lips. Out of all the things I bought, I don't even know which is my favorite and that's a great feeling to have. I'm done with this collection now b/c nothing else was interesting to me.

Medgal07

Oh no
icon_eek.gif
Glamordaze, at a glance reminded me of Oh Oh Oh, but I have not yet pulled it out to compare, nor have I worn it. We'll see.

Medgal07

lmao.gif
No words!
lmao.gif

Medgal07

I'm really happy with all of it. I love that OF is straight up pink. There's no purple/lavender tint to it. I'm tired of colors like that. Glamourdaze is amazing on me (IMO). It's different from other colors I own and I love that while there's no shimmer, it has a nice sheen to it. Very comfortable on the lips. Out of all the things I bought, I don't even know which is my favorite and that's a great feeling to have. I'm done with this collection now b/c nothing else was interesting to me.
Glamourdaze was lovely on you. I have not yet tried a single thing on...5 more days of pink products for BCAM. Nov 1, I'll become a product animal trying to wear all of the things that I'm beyond eager to try.
cheerleader.gif

Medgal07

Wow.
icon_eek.gif
Such varied responses to Glamourdaze. Now I'm really eager to try mine out!

Baby1black

I went to my local Mac. Thought would not find glamourdaze but found 2 and got them .if I like it I will keep both if not will return one. The weird thing is like none of the lipsticks were sold out. I think the SA was talking about one of the fluidlines being sold out. Didn't bother to ask which one but now I wish I did. So anyone got the fluidlines think one is a must have. Shontay I hope I like OF lipstick bought it online and I actually do like purply pinks more so hope it looks good.plz do lipswatches if possible would appreciate it.

Latest posts