WOC: How are you making your bright colors "POP"?

Prototype83

I am having issues with a few of my colors, mainly the matte ones (i.e Atlantic Blue, , Electric Eel, Orange, Chrome Yellow.....especially MUFE 92). It seems that no matter what type of base I use, they don't show up as bright as they seem in the pan
th_dunno.gif
. What are you all doing to get them to "pop"? Thanks in Advance!

BTW: These are the bases that I've tried....
Paintpots: I have most of them
NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil
UDPP

GlamQueen21

A White Chromaline is good to make bright colors pop. Also, try Fascinating Eye Khol as a base. I remember Fafinettex3 used it as a base for bright colors in some of her tutorials on Youtube.

Nepenthe

I've had the best luck when I use a matte white base, definitely will bring out the vibrancy in matte colours. White eyeliner, cream shadow/bases of your brand of choice.

Morena.Doll

I use a base, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.
Or try applying the shadows wet or maybe a white gel liner. Hope that helps! :]

Indigowaters

You might want to try a paint pot or a NYX jumbo pencil close to the shade to bring it out more. But don't forget your UDPP first so neither creases.
greengrin.gif

StyleWarrior

I use UDPP and then a colored pencil in the same color as the eyeshadow. This works better for me instead of the white.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I like Shadesticks and I have recently (and by recently, I mean in the last 2 days) grown fond of Hush CCB. But I really want the White Chromaline and that is probably your best bet.

andicandi3x12

Even when using a white base you could try using a VERY dense brush to continuously pack on the color. My 232 didnt used to work and at the makeup show i bought a brush from crown erm i cant think of the name but it is very fat and densely packed.

chocolategoddes

^^^ I was just about to say that!
Not only should you use a bright, sticky base, but a dense flat brush will really pack that color on!

Danapotter

A white base in conjunction with different application techniques for different textures makes colors pop. I have learned some colors take too much effort to "pop", so sometimes it is the product!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I just ordered the white Chromaline for the Orlando Pro store. It and my Deep Pink blush (the last one in the store, and the shade is discontinued) are on their way to me and should be here tomorrow! Victory!

Prototype83

Thanks ladies!!!!! I like the NYX jumbo pencil, but with my mattes it may be a little too sticky. It seems like the base "sucks in" the shadow and makes it less vibrant, almost darkens the color.

I would like to use the mixing medium, but I think that's supposed to be bad for Matte colors...right?

For those who have the white Chromaline...do you find it less sticky/tacky than the NYX pencil?

I think I'll pick up a white eye liner pencil from the drugstore tonight and try that. If it works out I may invest in Fascinating.