WOC--MAC Retro Matte Collection

cocodivatime

What are you ladies getting? It seems that most of these colors are universally appealing on many skin tones. I swatched them all and feel like I want to own them all at some point. The only one that kind of concerns me is Steady Going because it swatched a bit chalky for me.

What are everyone's top lipstick choices? As I mentioned I love them all. But if I have to pick a top 3-- (for reference I'm equivalent to NC44)

Flat Out Fabulous (of course)
Fixed On Drama
Dangerous

Top Liner Choices?

OMG all of them except the nude. It washes out on me. The formula is amazing. It's going to be hard for me to let go of chunks of cash for them though. $19.50 yikes.

Slimmycakes

I reached my counter maybe 15 minutes after opening and Steady Going was already sold out [the employees put some aside for their selves and loyal customers... understandable]. Swatching it on myself it looked quite chalky and having Silly unworn, I talked myself out of it... although I would like to see it swatched on other WOC. For some reason, Fixed On Drama wasn't vampy enough to me. I figured since I have lippies like Sin, Diva, Endless Drama, and Dark Deed along with dark lip liners, I'll be okay. I'm waiting for TTT.

I purchased Flat Out Fabulous, Dangerous (amazeballs) and All Fired Up [swatched on me it was quite similar to Relentless Red which didn't pull red at all, but I preferred the evenness and how AFU looked on me than RR]. The price of the pencils turns me off quite a bit and this is my first with the PLW formula so I only purchased 2. Shock Value which I feel is a must for CYY and I originally picked up Dynamo based off T's swatch but sadly it looked nothing like that on me. So I exchanged it for High Energy... with Dangerous on
eyelove.gif

After stalking IG, I ordered Runway Hit online today, I'll see how that goes when I get it. Crossing my fingers it'll look good, totally forgot to try it on my lips.

sss215

I grabbed Fashion Boost because I missed out on the Heroine. Then I realized how much it cost for such a small amount of product. Luckily, I won't wear it often. Lol

Copperhead

So far I've only gotten Flat Out Fabulous and Fixed On Drama. I want Shock Value l/l and maybe Steady Going. That's pretty much all I've been interested in actually.

SRenee12

I reached my counter maybe 15 minutes after opening and Steady Going was already sold out [the employees put some aside for their selves and loyal customers... understandable]. Swatching it on myself it looked quite chalky and having Silly unworn, I talked myself out of it... although I would like to see it swatched on other WOC. For some reason, Fixed On Drama wasn't vampy enough to me. I figured since I have lippies like Sin, Diva, Endless Drama, and Dark Deed along with dark lip liners, I'll be okay. I'm waiting for TTT.

I purchased Flat Out Fabulous, Dangerous (amazeballs) and All Fired Up [swatched on me it was quite similar to Relentless Red which didn't pull red at all, but I preferred the evenness and how AFU looked on me than RR]. The price of the pencils turns me off quite a bit and this is my first with the PLW formula so I only purchased 2. Shock Value which I feel is a must for CYY and I originally picked up Dynamo based off T's swatch but sadly it looked nothing like that on me. So I exchanged it for High Energy... with Dangerous on
eyelove.gif

After stalking IG, I ordered Runway Hit online today, I'll see how that goes when I get it. Crossing my fingers it'll look good, totally forgot to try it on my lips.
Did FOD pull brown on you? It was so brown on me, I was expecting something similar to Heaux. LOVE Flat out fabulous!! but then again, purples get me every time
th_DANCE.gif

cocodivatime

Luckily, I won't wear it often. Lol
It really is a ridiculous amount for a liner. I told myself that was going to chill out on MAC liners since my NYX ones work so well and come in so many colors. But when I swatched the prolong wear liners and saw how smooth they apply, plus they don't budge I was sold. It's almost like they are waterproof of something. The kind of liners where you can fill in your entire lips and if the lipstick rubs off the liner will still be there. love

cocodivatime

eyelove.gif

Oh youre in good shape since you have all of those vampy colors. I went through my stash and could only find Night Violet mattene so far. I need to dig for more to make sure. I'm waiting for TTT as well. It looks awful close to Fixed On Drama though... which I purchased and love

Slimmycakes

eyelove.gif

Did FOD pull brown on you? It was so brown on me, I was expecting something similar to Heaux. LOVE Flat out fabulous!! but then again, purples get me every time
th_DANCE.gif
No it didn't pull brown, it came off as a deep berry/wine but just not as dark as I expected for a retro matte. I think it's far better on those of fairer skin.

Slimmycakes

eyelove.gif

Oh youre in good shape since you have all of those vampy colors. I went through my stash and could only find Night Violet mattene so far. I need to dig for more to make sure. I'm waiting for TTT as well. It looks awful close to Fixed On Drama though... which I purchased and love
Yeah that's what I keep telling myself so I don't hunt down FOD. Thanks for helping me feel okay about my decision to skip! I was even fortunate to get some Sephora Mattes that are pretty comparable. And Nars Train Bleu is still on my radar. Hopefully you have some more vampy lips in your stash. TTT doesn't seem as dark swatched as it looks in the promo pics but idc, I'm loving this MAC x Rihanna collab.

kimbunney

I'm in love with Fixed on Drama and Dangerous. I don't feel they are special I just don't have many colors like this in my collection and I actually like the retro matte formula.

cocodivatime

I'm in love with Fixed on Drama and Dangerous. I don't feel they are special I just don't have many colors like this in my collection and I actually like the retro matte formula.
Girl it was your pic that someone posted on the regular retro matte thread that make go stop and really consider Fixed on Drama. Now I love it and I'm so glad I got it. It's actually special to me because it leans more red undertones and flatters my skin better than if it had deeper plum undertones.

Copperhead

Ya'll are making me anxious to try on FOD. I only got FOD and FOF and I've already worn FOF but haven't gotten around to trying FOD yet.

cocodivatime

Ya'll are making me anxious to try on FOD. I only got FOD and FOF and I've already worn FOF but haven't gotten around to trying FOD yet.
Do yourself a favor and try it IMMEDIATELY
cheerleader.gif

I'm the type of girl that loves a nude neutral lip to death. But now I'm ready for fall so I can rock a vampy lip. I found that I didn't need a liner when I tried it on it the store (only because it was a brand new, fresh tester. Otherwise I would normally just swatch it). But if you like a little depth to your look you might want a deep liner.

I still plan to buy Vino or Nightmoth to pair it with for a different look

cocodivatime

By the way I'm no longer on the fence about Steady Going. I needed a deeper liner to make it work better for me but its lovely. I am glad I went back today to check it out. It's a great pink. Ladies of color don't be afraid to try it.

bajandoc86

Top 3 Lippies:
1. Flat Out Fabulous
2.All Fired Up
3. Runway Hit (thus far...I have yet to try on RR properly so this might change).

Fixed on Drama pulled very brown on me...no bueno. I feel like I am the only person not hyped up about it. Meh.

Now...about that Fashion Boost Lipliner - LOVE!!!!
th_drool.gif
love.gif
heart.gif
eyelove.gif
​ OMGEEEEE!! I bought 3....and I think Imma go get one more(or 2). No lie. This colour is absolutely gorg. I swatched it and that baby didnt budge for about 6 hours. Nuts.

Trust in Red is also another one which I love. I am glad I copped it. And it was PERFECT with AFU.

I have to go back and get Dynamo l/l and Shock Value l/l.

cocodivatime

Top 3 Lippies:
1. Flat Out Fabulous
2.All Fired Up
3. Runway Hit (thus far...I have yet to try on RR properly so this might change).

Fixed on Drama pulled very brown on me...no bueno. I feel like I am the only person not hyped up about it. Meh.

Now...about that Fashion Boost Lipliner - LOVE!!!!
th_drool.gif
love.gif
heart.gif
eyelove.gif
​ OMGEEEEE!! I bought 3....and I think Imma go get one more(or 2). No lie. This colour is absolutely gorg. I swatched it and that baby didnt budge for about 6 hours. Nuts.

Trust in Red is also another one which I love. I am glad I copped it. And it was PERFECT with AFU.

I have to go back and get Dynamo l/l and Shock Value l/l.

Yes I agree Fashion Boost is amazing. I know a lot of people that have Heroine liner are passing on it. But I like that it does not budge. Like AT ALL. LOL. Very nice formula. Too bad its so pricey though
sigh.gif

sss215

It really is a ridiculous amount for a liner.  I told myself that was going to chill out on MAC liners since my NYX ones work so well and come in so many colors.  But when I swatched the prolong wear liners and saw how smooth they apply, plus they don't budge I was sold.  It's almost like they are waterproof of something.  The kind of liners where you can fill in your entire lips and if the lipstick rubs off the liner will still be there.  love
It's so worth it. I compared it to NYX Purple Rain and its nothing like it. Purple Rain has a bit of a sheen to it, kinda like Violetta, no it's far from perfect when comparing it to Fashion Boost.
Yes I agree Fashion Boost is amazing.  I know a lot of people that have Heroine liner are passing on it.  But I like that it does not budge. Like AT ALL.  LOL.  Very nice formula.  Too bad its so pricey though :sigh:
Lurve it!

sagehen

So, I bought Steady Going, on the rec of a few WOC and on the strength of not wanting skipper's remorse should it actually be LE. It will take a bit of work to wear but it will make a nice ombre lip and there are things I can do with it. It is a less-intense Silly. Collection complete lol.