WOC: Pro longwear

lovely333

Hi ladies I just purchased some products from this line and was wondering how everyone else felt about the products. I am normally a nc50 across the board in MAC foundations so i assumed I was a nc50 in this foundation. It looks ok maybe a little light compared to other formulas. I think this foundation has qite a bit of red or pink in it I'm not quite sure what it is. What do you think?

K_ashanti

I'm normally an NC 50 and i got this last night the mua tired nw 45 and nc 50 on me and we both agreed the nc 50 was good. I wore it out last night I was pleased

makeba

i got a sample of this foundation in nw40 and I too noticed a pink undertone to it. I havent tried this on my face yet but I will on monday.

blazeno.8

While I'm not interested in the lip products from this, I am very interested in the skin products so I'll be checking this thread a lot. I might pick something up when venomous villains comes out.

0missjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
While I'm not interested in the lip products from this, I am very interested in the skin products so I'll be checking this thread a lot. I might pick something up when venomous villains comes out.

Yeah I just came from a counter and nothing stood out in the lip collection for me and Im not ready to try yet another foundation so Im passing on this.

seymone25

I dont know who did the formulation for this foundation, in terms of coloring but he/she failed big time. If your NW47 and darker you will not be able to find your tone in this.

spectrolite

I'm looking forward to trying the foundation and concealer. I reckon the foundation will be perfect for Summer which is coming up fast.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymone25
I dont know who did the formulation for this foundation, in terms of coloring but he/she failed big time. If your NW47 and darker you will not be able to find your tone in this.

I was puzzled about that too. There is no NW47, which sucks, cause that is probably the one that would work for me. There is no NC55 either. Not sure why they skimped on the colors.

I like the formula because its lightweight, a nice natural look, and 100% non transferable, but I am having some issues with he coloring. NC50 I wore first and it looked good in the store and in the car home that 1st day. When I put the sample on at home the next morning, it went grey on me.

I went back to test NW55 and NW45, and surprisingly, NW55 went grey too. I took a sample of NW45 to try on today. I am looking for a color similar to my beloved Mat Velvet #80 and i'm not finding it. I am not a fan f NW45, but since this is a new formula, I am willing to try it, hoping it works out.

KarmaB

I'm normally about a NC43, so I am having to mix nc42 and nc45 because they don't have anything in between. But, it is worth it! This foundation is really good. It looks just as good at 8pm as it did at 8am. I'm really pleased, I just wish they had more color options.

sss215

I had to settle on just NW50 concealer from this collection. That was the only one that matched me.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
I had to settle on just NW50 concealer from this collection. That was the only one that matched me.

I wear the same MUFE color and Mac color as you. What was the problem with the colors that you tried?

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I wear the same MUFE color and Mac color as you. What was the problem with the colors that you tried?

NC50 foundation was too grey and ashy. I tried that 1st because it was very close in the bottle to NW45, but without the red/orange.

NW45 foundation had a good color, but the coverage was too sheer. I don't need full coverage, but in some spots I want the foundation to cover, KWIM? I could use concealer with it, but I like to use one of the other. Concealer for powder days, foundation other days. Still wasn't like mat velvet #80.

NW50 foundation was lighter than NW45. go figure??? especially since there is no NW47 in the collection. it was a grey mess. Maybe someone batched it up for the NW43s, cause that color is missing too.

So basically after all that, and a comparison to these colors in SFF, which nothing in this line matches; I tried the NW50 concealer. It looked the best on my face. Perfect for my powder days, or even just alone. One pump, which is a little dot gave me coverage in all the necessary places and it blended out well. The funny thing about this concealer is that 1 pump is too much if you don't have to conceal much. Alot of people find this a flaw. I would if I didn't need to use that much. But since one pump is enough, then it works out. The concealer was very longwearing, so that was great! If you are oily, keep your blot powder handy with all ProLW, cause depending on how hot it is out, the shine still comes, anywhere from a pretty glow to needing to blot. Essentially, there is nothing you can do about that, just touch up every now and then.

Bottom line, MAC foundations are too fickle. I wear 1 color in this, and another color in that. Then a year later, I find out I need this color as oppose to that. Blah, Blah. I have used so many colors because 1 color is not the same in all formulas. That's crazy to me.

Smf16

Has anyone tried the lip products? I am really interested in a couple of colors. I'm just wondering how good the longwear is on these??

makeba

i know what u mean sss215 about the color issues your having. I am nw40 in sff and studio tech so I thought I would be in this product too. not. I was given a sample of the nw40 but each time i wore it it seemed to be off! so I went back to the counter today and was matched at nc45. I will give this one a go tomorrow and see what happens!

hi ladies
just a couple of q's
- is the foundation lightweight or can you feel it when you wear it (i mean does it let skin breathe)

-are there any acne-prone people who rate this foundation (afraid it might break me out )

thank you
smiles.gif

DILLIGAF

All I'm interested in is the concealer. Mainly because if comes in a pump. I think I will try a sample on my next visit to MAC.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyindamola87
hi ladies
just a couple of q's
- is the foundation lightweight or can you feel it when you wear it (i mean does it let skin breathe)

-are there any acne-prone people who rate this foundation (afraid it might break me out )

thank you
smiles.gif

the foundation is very lightweight. it does let your skin breath.

i haven't had any problems with breakouts. get a sample if you can to try it for a few days.

jazmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaB
I'm normally about a NC43, so I am having to mix nc42 and nc45 because they don't have anything in between. But, it is worth it! This foundation is really good. It looks just as good at 8pm as it did at 8am. I'm really pleased, I just wish they had more color options.

I'm an NC43 too, sad to see there isn't an NC43 option in Pro Longwear
ssad.gif

Hairnova

I have Goes and Goes. It's a very pretty purple and lasted though I had to reapply after a sumptuous meal. I apply Gaga gloss over it and it's gorge.

Hairnova

As far as the foundation, the color range is very limited and I have to mix NC 45 and NC 50 to get the perfect match. The other route is I apply PLW in NC50(which is a tad too dark for me) and set with NC 50 Studio fix(which is a tad too light) for a great finish. The only reason I put up with the limited color range is because it feels and looks awesome on the skin.