WOC- Want is/are some of your favorite sunscreens?

MkupTart

With summer here I am on the hunt for a new sunscreen. I'm posting this on this board because I've tried sooooo many sunscreens that leave that ugly white cast.

I have dry skin so I don't want something that will leave me completely matte. In the past I have used MAC's Prep+Prime SPF 50 and I like a lot but it is expensive for the amount IMHO.

So what is everyone using?
Thanks

cutemiauw

I'm using the 50+ tinted La Roche Posay http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en...ineral-tinted-ultra-light-sunscreen-fluid.htm

I bought it in France, it was fairly cheap there (around 15 euros ~ $20). Liking it so much because it doesn't have a white cast (since it's tinted, doh). The tint is slightly towards pink, not perfect, but I'm mixing it with my foundation so at least it's way better than the white one.

If you have dry skin, maybe go with the cream one (couldn't find it on the US site, but they do have it over here)

MkupTart

Thanks.

I have heard good things about La Roche Posay's skincare in general so I will check them out.

Anyone else??? :-(

macgirl3121

I'm using the 50+ tinted La Roche Posay http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en...ineral-tinted-ultra-light-sunscreen-fluid.htm

I bought it in France, it was fairly cheap there (around 15 euros ~ $20). Liking it so much because it doesn't have a white cast (since it's tinted, doh). The tint is slightly towards pink, not perfect, but I'm mixing it with my foundation so at least it's way better than the white one.

If you have dry skin, maybe go with the cream one (couldn't find it on the US site, but they do have it over here)
FYI, all La Roche Posay sunscreen products are on sale this week at CVS for $19.99. They are regularly like $35 so this is a heck of sale. I'll prob pick up one cause the price is right.

cutemiauw

Oh, also I used to wear Kiehl's Ultra Light UV Defense. It feels more creamy than LRP but it's feels light on the skin. Not much shiny oily feel. I like this one better for winter. Although lately I've been sticking to LRP due to pricing :D.

PS: Sorry, the link is German. I tried to find it in Kiehls.com but they didn't have this particular product.

sagehen

I know this is an old thread, but it is still relevant. What are you ladies wearing for sunscreen now? On my face I am wear Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid SPF 50. It is much cheaper than the La Roche Posay mineral liquid and performs well for me. Also, it does not react when I apply primer for makeup. On my body, I use any physical sunblock that is reasonably priced. I am using ColoreScience SPF 30 powder (the bronze-colored one) to re-up my protection on face/neck during the day. I would really like to find something I can buy on the ground for this purpose, but I can't seem to find anything that doesn't give me a cast or alter the shade of my foundaiton. The Physician's Formula was a disaster, and the PTR portables with the brush are yucky (can't clean the brush, the bursh sheds) and it's a ridiculously small amount for the $. Does anyone have any suggestions for a portable powder sunscreen?

sagehen

This summer, I am really liking Neutrogena's Pure & Free liquid SPF50 with purescreen (physical sunscreen) and it is doing me very well. Has held up in high heat and humidity and leaves no white cast. Plays well under primer and makeup. I am still re-applying Colorescience Sunforgettable powder for re-upping my protection during the day.