WOC: what is your fav. contour product ?

PrettyGirlDoc

The plum would look pretty with light gold, bronze or even a rose gold highlighter, right?  I think a nice taupe highlighter would look good with film noir with a vampy lip or Stone lipstick.  That sculpt color in the Charlotte Tilbury Medium-Dark Bronze and Glow might work.  I was wondering how I was going to make that side of the palette work because it's too light for a contour and it has shimmer.  This might be the solution! 
That sounds pretty!!! I'm a Highlight junkie. Lol. I want a company to come out with something purply that won't expire after a year.

cupcake28

That sounds pretty!!! I'm a Highlight junkie. Lol. I want a company to come out with something purply that won't expire after a year.
I don't pay attention to expiration dates. As long as it still smells good and doesn't make me itch, we are rockin' with it, lol!

Jayjayy

The Anastasia Beverly Hills powder in Carob is my fav. I'm a contour newb and this shade gives me definition but isn't too harsh...it allows me to build up to my desired intensity. Earth is also great for some quick definition with a bit of warmth that works beautifully on brown skin. My skin seems to shine like gold in the summer (as funny as its sounds LOL) so I like warmer products for a more realistic glow.

I bought the ABH cream contour kit in the darkest shade, and while I've seem some STUNNING tutorials I can't get the hang of it! The shade selection is beautiful nonetheless.

My favorite product to contour with is Guerlain's Terracotta bronzer! I use color #7. It looks super natural in my opinion. The only downside is the price. Its $50

Prettypackages

Ohhh great ideas!
The plum would look pretty with light gold, bronze or even a rose gold highlighter, right? I think a nice taupe highlighter would look good with film noir with a vampy lip or Stone lipstick. That sculpt color in the Charlotte Tilbury Medium-Dark Bronze and Glow might work. I was wondering how I was going to make that side of the palette work because it's too light for a contour and it has shimmer. This might be the solution!

honeyspice

New User
I don't contour often but when I do, I prefer powders to creams. My favorite is the Absolute New York Pro Contour Palette in Medium. I am an NC42 and this little gem gives me the perfect contour color - cool toned and not too harsh and I also enjoy the highlight side. The powders are soft and blend out nicely and it's inexpensive for a generous 18 grams of product so a win-win.

Last edited:

LadyBug13

So far, I've been using the Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in medium-deep. I hardly use the highlighter that's in it, and the sculpting power may be better in the warmer months, but the contour shade is what I use mostly. I like it but I feel I may need to find something that's "gray-er" to look more natural.

MorenitaLokita

I never contour anymore! Although I was browsing Sephora the other day and swatched Black Up's contour duos. I want to purchase one :) Has anyone tried this one?

Yazmin

I rarely contour anymore, but my go-tos have been my MAC Richly Honed creme contour. I've also used a darker shade in the MUFE foundation stick, but I don't use it when I travel anymore because the cap always comes loose.

sagehen

I just wanna throw out Ben Nye Twilight Sable or Black Brown (eye shadows) for a cheap contour powder. So pigmented, so easy to blend. I used Black Brown last weekend on a girl going to a military Ball and her cheekbones were SNATCHED.

Last edited: