Wondering.....Wedding Day Makeup

Eyelashwishes

Okay so I am getting married....in i guess 1 month and one day exactly. And I am doing my own makeup for the day, and I want to look super glamourous on the day. I have read alot about "bridal makeup" but am disapointed, because I wanted a more "bold" look (bold for me at least) but they all say to keep the eyeshadow completly matte, and natural. But....I loooove shimmer, and I wanted to wear Bronze, and retrospeck, and maybe ricepaper. When I do it that way, it looks kinda smokey on me, but really brings out my blue eyes, and I feel really glamourous.

Okay so my question is : Do you think it would be too much on the wedding day, or am I just allowed to do whatever I want cuz Im the Bride? I am also going to wear false lashes, what are your favorite "Ardell" lashes?

What did other people wear on their wedding days?

(If it helps, I am going to wear just a nude lip)

Okay, Thankyou so much!

FiestyFemme

I got married 2 months ago. I used Naked Lunch, Cork, Go, Dark Edge, and Vanilla. I also used Vanilla p/m to highlight (eyes & face). My pictures turned out beautifully! I say wear what you want. It's your day and you should wear what makes you feel beautiful.
smiles.gif

malaviKat

Not married but I say ... rules were meant to be broken! If you feel beautiful, you'll radiate beautiful.

My suggestion... do a couple of FOTDs using the products you want to use and snap some pictures in a variety of lighting. That way you'll see how your look holds up in front of a mirror and on film and you can tweak it accordingly!

P.S. Ardell Wispies!

Mabelle

i'm not married, but i do plan on skipping the entirely nutral suggestion. Do what you want! but practice practice practice!! You dont want to be nervous, and mess up. Also, maybe invest in a fixer like shalaq by benefit. ive heard of people mixing a vile with half the bottle of fix + and it works well.

i plan on using colours like cork, wedge,ricepaper , goldmine and amberlights for my wedding. still very soft, but i love me some gold
smiles.gif

Eyelashwishes

Okay Thankyou ladies, that makes me feel A LOT better! Yeah, I am going to practise tons before the day, to make sure it looks perfect!

Ursula

I'm a wedding photographer and I've had brides go very natural and other brides use vivid color. Your wedding pictures are meant to represent you and your groom, not some beauty 'experts' view of a bride. I recommend trying what you intend to do and taking some pictures both indoors, outdoors, with flash and without to see how you like the look when photographed. If you like it, go with it. If you don't, try something different, but do NOT feel limited to doing it natural if that is not you!

hawaii02

When I got married, I did a purple smoky eye. The bronze will be a beautiful...maybe even a red lip?? (Or Strawberry Blonde l/g from BBR)

LMD84

i did my own make up for my wedding day and i used this dior palette. i love wearing dark brown smokey eyes and wanted to do so on my wedding day. the last two colours in the palette are glosses which i didn't wear. i'd say wear what you like!

350__1_07731580102.jpg

madnicole

wear whatever you want - I think bronze & retrospeck is a gorgeous combination. If I may make a suggestion though? A little woodwinked & retrospeck under the lower lash line would really make your eyes pop! Woodwinked looks brown in the pan, but is the most beautiful warm gold that is just perfect for a wedding day.
I agree, just do a trial before hand and make sure it all photographs well....hope your day is perfect!

Eyelashwishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnicole
wear whatever you want - I think bronze & retrospeck is a gorgeous combination. If I may make a suggestion though? A little woodwinked & retrospeck under the lower lash line would really make your eyes pop! Woodwinked looks brown in the pan, but is the most beautiful warm gold that is just perfect for a wedding day.
I agree, just do a trial before hand and make sure it all photographs well....hope your day is perfect!

Ooh I have woodwinked, I will have to try that out. Thankyou for your suggestion!

And thankyou to everyone else telling me to do what i want! I think it will look really good, and I'll feel really glamourous!

banana1234

i just did the make up for a bride and i was scared because she said, 'i want glitter, i want diamante, i want tin foil eyes' (tin foil is like aluminum foil in america i guess)
i almost ran a mile, but in the end it worked, and because she loved it, and she wanted it and it made her happy, she radiated that happiness in her photos and looked gorgeous.
I agree with who ever said to do some test runs and photos to see how it looks, also, maybe try something a bit more 'special' than you would usually, if you've worn this look before, maybe vamp it up a little bit? cos if everyones already seen you wearing it before, you might not feel its special enough? but i think as long as you're happy, it doesnt matter!

also maybe bear in mind, i dont know if you're the emotional type but a lot of brides cry, so waterproof mascara and eyeliner might be an idea?

ps dont ask what i did! it was like hell trying to figure something out for that bride! but i managed to pull off diamante and glitter, and it did actually look good for like 10 hours.. no fall out at all! great!

makeupaficionad

Usually when I do bridal makeup...I try to keep it natural and pretty matte but i do use shimmery e/s ...as the highlight and work it discreetly into other spots... the reason they say not to do so much shimmery e/s is because of the wedding photos..but just like everyone is saying to a couple of trials...in and outdoor...with and without flash...good luck
smiles.gif
winks.gif

BEA2LS

my sister had traditional make-up done for her wedding but she hated it, washed it off and did it herself with darker make-up. she loves it, she did not want to look back at her wedding pictures and look different than her normal self if that makes sense.