Woodwinked vs Sable and...

pooh85

Hi girls! I would buy some e/s for a golden-brown-bronze palette
drools.gif
But I'm not sure. I like woodwinked (it's seems so soft an creamy) , sable, bronze, mulch. but I would know the different between them, because I have to make a call-order. I prefer colors with warm shade. thanks

ps. sorry for my english!!
ssad.gif

couturesista

I have woodwinked and bronze, and I love them both! I"m a NC 50 and if I wear woodwinked I'll sometimes wear bronze in the 1/3 over ww and blend in the crease in V. Both are easy for me to work with and the go with alot of other colors. If your doing a nuetral palette why not just get all of them, ( if you can, of course, GAS PRICES EEKKK) That way you would have a range of different neutrals, Patina is also another good neutral! HTH

pooh85

thank you! I'm nc 30 in winter, I have an olive skin tone, dark brown eyes, golden very light brown hair. So do you think that bronze and woodwinked aren't too similar! that's fantastic, I can buy 3 e/s, price in Italy are very high!

couturesista

On me they're very different, I think they look different in the pan too! Bronze seems to be a bit more goldy like and has a dark shade to it, woodwinked seems lighter and has a shimmer, IMO. Bronze shimmers a bit too! I'm not to good with the different textures of the shadows, I just know what works for me and what I like. If at work now, I was going to try to do some swatches for you. MAybe another Spektrette can do some for you, or you can do a search on here for the two shades. There's a forum that allows members to discuss individual products and they give their opinions and ratings HTH!

LMD84

i have woodwinked (wore it today in fact!) it is the most amazing colour! it goldy bronzey that i use when i want a more natural look - well natural for me anyways!! i usually use it with shroom as a highlight.

juxt123

i have bronze and sable..

they are completely different and both a must!

Bronze has gold undertones and sable has more red and purple

pooh85

sorry, I didn't seen that space. Today I have seen woodwinked , it' so particular! Also antiqued seems good!

foxyqt

Woodwinked is amazing you should definitely get that one! Bronze is also beautiful, I'd choose it instead of Mulch because Mulch is a bit on the red side.. I dont have Sable but for the third one you could try Amber Lights! <3

monter

I don't have Woodwinked, but I do have Sable, Mulch, and Bronze.

Bronze is very much a bronze! It's pretty different from Mulch and Sable. Very warm, I like it a lot. I wear it a lot for a simple smoky eye with Shroom and Embark.

Sable and Mulch are pretty similar, though Sable has more pink and maybe yellow and Mulch has more gold/brown/red. Mulch is deeper than Sable, I guess, an seems to be a truer "brown" to me. (My color description is't very good!
lol.gif
)

I guess my recs would be for Mulch and Bronze for sure, if you're looking for bronze/browns!

YvetteJeannine

I LOVE Woodwinked...it IS soft and creamy (it's a Veluxe Pearl, so that's why it is so blendable and creamy. All the VP's are great, but this one seems like it's even better than the others! VP's are *SUCH* a wonderful texture..MAC sure did this one right!)..and, the color of Woodwinked is BEYOND gorgeous!!

I would also go for Bronze..I love coppers, browns, and bronzes, and Bronze is the creme de la creme of them all
thmbup.gif
!! I would most highly reccomend this one..IMO, Bronze is a staple x2!

Also, if you have a lil' extra cash, try Tempting...This is simply beautiful. What a stellar product! I use this one a LOT (I'm always trying to justify using it..I don't wanna use it TOO much, and have the same look everyday, but I just love it that much that I'm always making 'excuses' to use it!!!) I think those three should definetly be in a Neutrals/Browns palette...No doubt about it!

pooh85

thank you
smiles.gif
, I 'll buy woodwinked and bronze, after I have read your words I can't wait! I like also all that glitters.
winks.gif

Perple1

I have them all; Bronze, Mulch, Sable, Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Patina, and Antiqued. They're ALL different and worth having IMHO!!! They're warmed toned and range from light to dark, some metallic in nature. Also, depending on the look you're going for, they can lean to the cooler side as well. Whatever you decide, you won't be sorry!!! ;-)

pooh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perple1
I have them all; Bronze, Mulch, Sable, Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Patina, and Antiqued. They're ALL different and worth having IMHO!!! They're warmed toned and range from light to dark, some metallic in nature. Also, depending on the look you're going for, they can lean to the cooler side as well. Whatever you decide, you won't be sorry!!! ;-)

Hi!thank you! i'd like have one light, one medium, one dark. I think i'll buy all, but for this moment what you can recommende me? I like warm tone.
winkiss.gif

Leilani78

Woodwinked is my favorite and my HG MAC shadow and the Veluxe Pearl texture is amazing.

All That Glitters: Pinky-beige with gold
Woodwinked: tarnished gold, bronze e/s
Sable: plummy bronze
Satin Taupe: Taupe, purple grey e/s

Here's some swatches to help you out
IMG_3708-1.jpg

L-R: All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Sable, Satin Taupe
all taken in natural lighting
I'm an NC42 on the face, who knows what my hand is, but its slightly darker than my face.

FiestyFemme

Like it's been said, they're all different.
If I had to pick three, I'd go with All That Glitters, Woodwinked, and Bronze.
You could do All That Glitters on the lid, Woodwinked in the crease, and Bronze in the outer V. Or Woodwinked on the lid, All That Glitters to highlight, and Bronze in the crease/outer V. I'm sure there's more you can do, but that's just off the top of my head.