Working at a cosmetics counter in Herberger's

Jenneh

Hi guys! I recently submitted my application and resumé to a new Herberger's store (it's under the Bon-Ton umbrella) that's opening up in my area (it opens September), and I received an e-mail the other day to attend one of their Job Fairs. I've never attended a Job Fair before, so I'm not quite sure what to expect; is it like an interview? Also, should I bring a copy of my resumé (even though in the e-mail and on their website it says to submit one online before coming to the fair), and how exactly should I dress?

I'm interested in filling one of their cosmetics counter positions, but I'm wondering if I would even have the slightest chance since I don't have any formal training in the area; although I have done makeup for friends and family during proms and weddings. Also, is it all right if I don't have any "retail" experience, although I have sales and customer service experience (is sales & retail the same thing)? Another thing I'm worried about is my age; I'm 18, turning 19 soon and I was wondering if my age would reduce my chances of getting the job, and that they would hire someone a little bit older with more experience. And along with that, I look extremely young for my age (I've been told I look 13-14...), so I'm afraid that since I look so young, they won't take me a seriously as someone who looks a bit older (but could be younger). =\

Also, this isn't nearly as cosmetics related, but I was wondering about what it's like to work for Herberger's (or any other Bon-Ton company)? Is the management good and helpful? And how are they with pay, commission, and scheduling? Because I was originally intending on applying for Macy*s cosmetic counters, but numerous people have told me to reconsider because ever since the nationwide takeover, I've heard that management has become next to useless, so yeah...

Any personal stories, tips and opinions be helpful! Thanks ladies~