working at urban decay!

locoboutcoco

hey girls (and boys!!)

soooo, i interviewed for a part time job at Urban decay and ive been offered the position, just have to get clearance from store manager and im due to start next week!

im really excited i only interviewed fri and i got it on monday.. i was really shocked tho because my application skills were not as good as the rest of the gals but i did sell alot and got on really well with customers! its my first job in cosmetics too!

i didnt come across any forums for working for urban decay so thought id ask if anyone does??!! ( if there is one gimme a shout and ill move this post!!)
if you do whats it like? do you get gratsis??!! staff discount??!!

just want to know what you fountains of knowledge have to say!!

anyone currently working at UD? Spill !!
greengrin.gif

thanks ladies xx

Boasorte

sorry im not much help, but I had no idea UD had a counter, nor a store, what state are u in?

L1LMAMAJ

they have a UD counter at the Macy's in downtown San Francisco. I always wanted to apply there but they told me I had to apply through the Macy's site. let us know how u like it!
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

oh wow, that's awesome.
there's an UD counter at the Valley Fair Mall in SJ, but that place was so unprofessional. I couldn't tell who were the makeup artists and who were the customers playing around with makeup. One of the MAs was on the phone talking to her friend while she was doing a makeover, using dirty brushes from her belt!!! /rant

So basically, don't be like what I just mentioned. good luck
smiles.gif

locoboutcoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
sorry im not much help, but I had no idea UD had a counter, nor a store, what state are u in?

oh im in ireland there are no stores just counters in dept stores!!
are there counters in the big dept stores in the states like in macy or sephora??

locoboutcoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I'm just now discovering Urban Decay anything but still want to wish you the best on your job...gotta love mixing makeup you love with getting paid to sell it and use it all day. Seems like it would be almost anyone's dream on here. Good luck and watch the ma's around you if you feel self conscious, I'm odd enough to actually hang out with mine for pointers and it helps. Take from the good not the bad as chocolategoddes said. Have fun! =)

thanks! im sure ill have a blast met all the girls ill be working with everyone seems cool... they said theyre going to train me up so thats good!!

like you said getting paid to do make up is fantastic and urban is such a fun brand too!! plus i get a really good discount in the store i work in so no doubt my wages will just be reinvested
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

locoboutcoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
oh wow, that's awesome.
there's an UD counter at the Valley Fair Mall in SJ, but that place was so unprofessional. I couldn't tell who were the makeup artists and who were the customers playing around with makeup. One of the MAs was on the phone talking to her friend while she was doing a makeover, using dirty brushes from her belt!!! /rant

So basically, don't be like what I just mentioned. good luck
smiles.gif

really? how rude!!! i hate that when im shoppingi find the girls at ysl and chanel are like that! im surprised you saw that at urban because they really insist on excellent customer service but suppose it depends on how much the area mamager enforces it ya know!

oh and dirty brushes... yuck!!!!

Sashiee

Hii! How are you, glad I came accross this post,
I've an interview with Urban Decay next week and I was wondering if you could give me any tips on what the interview will be like??
I've already recieved a call from the area manager and she said I sounded perfect for the position !!!
girlhaha.gif

She told me that I will be on the counter selling or trying to sell the product at first and then the interview will take place,
Are you still working there, is there anything you could tell me about it??
It's 30 hours so I hope it's comission based and a nice discount would be great!

P.S- I'm from Ireland too
heart.gif

LaurenWolf

I had my audition yesterday and it went really well.
The manager said she was super happy with the way i was with customers, appearance, MU application etc..She also took a photo of me (anyone have an idea why??)
She said she would call me on Monday.. nervous! Fingers crossed
icon_eek.gif