Working for MAC?

ddglitter06

For those who work or worked for MAC: Recently I was offered a position as a part-time mua @ MAC (super excited : D )!!! It's something I've dreamed of. Lol I am currently working a 40 hour 9to5 job, and was told by the manager I would have to attend Basic & that you must commit to that. It's a requirement of the job. I'm hoping to try and have my regular job allow me to schedule my vacation so I can attend and not have to pass up this opportunity. What is Basic? What other commitments (as far as trainings, etc.) does mac require? Being that I have my normal job, which is primary and takes precedence, I would still want to mac this pt mac job work...

tattletale

basic is a week long training where you learn all about products and some appellation techniques satiation color theory etc.. there is also update which is ever 3 months its a one day training for upcoming launches and new trends if there are any

erine1881

Basically what [@]tattletale[/@] said. Depending on where you live and where training facility/update is located, you may have to travel the night before as well, and stay overnight. Some have to fly to basic/update, and some have to drive, so leaving earlier is needed for travel. When i worked for mac i had to leave early the morning of update and drive 2hrs, and for basic training i had to drive 3.5hrs the night before. Also, certain seasonal collections have big events that require everyone to work the event, so a required weekend shift during that event will happen.

damagedmassacre

Do you have to have previous makeup artist experience to apply? I am interested in applying but I don't have previously makeup artist exp.

erine1881

Sadly no. The talent behind the MAC counter had dropped significantly. MAC no longer cares about artistry, which shows by the people that they employ. It's just about the money to them now. But you do have to perform and pass a makeup interview as well as a verbal interview, so keep that in mind.