Working in MAC UK

afshanq

Hi peeps. Wondering if theres any UK M.A.C staff out there. I recently applied via the esteelauder.co.uk/jobs application process for a fulltime position at a local MAC store.

Initially you have to have a 10minute telephone interview where you are assessed. Ive been doing freelance Makeup using majority MAC makeup for over 5 years now. However, I failed the interview!?! I'm pretty sure I answered the answers correctly and professionally, and am thinking what kind of person they are looking for?!?!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a possibility of applying directly a counter maybe?

Afshan (Hidden Beauty)

glam8babe

theres a few UK mac staff on here

i did the telephone interview and passed (and i dont even do makeup professionally) i think she was mostly impressed with my knowledge of the brand thats why i passed. But i never heard anything afterwards so i assumed they didn't want to interview me

afshanq

mac background, whats ur fave product and why - sell it to me, retail experience, why I would be good for mac, any experience of makeup, my personality, these kinds of questions...

I can't even reapply til 4 months
ssad.gif

glam8babe

i spent about 5 full minutes explaining macs background... the more depth you go in the more they think you are interested in the brand. If you dont know about the brand then dont bother phoning... because this was the first question she asked me

afshanq

Ah maybe thats where I went wrong. I did talk about the background but not in that much depth! Oh well, keep on trying!!