Working in the Mid-Atlantic Region-MAC Recruiter Sherrie Thrasher (DMV)

WARNING:This is super long...

I'm starting this thread in terms of my experience and what my region consists of with Sherrie being the new recruiter for MAC. Although i do not know what happened with Homa, i just know that i'm glad Sherrie is in the throne now. If some of you have read in the past that Homa was very intimidating or mean, she wasn't she was very straight forward and nice. I just know that having to go through an interview process with her was hell. I recently decided to give MAC another try after seeing that Fort Belvoir was opening a location in the base near my house. My set interview date was a disaster, i got to the interview and i couldn't go through with the interview due to the fact that i worked for Estee Lauder already. I work at Bobbi currently and am trying to leave because i know i'm truly a MAC girl at heart. My interviews with MAC in the past have been very long and frustrating, i didn't want to have to go through that again and get shut down. However, i know i have a passion and that i am good at what i do. I realized now, that MAC, aside for being a good artist really looks for GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, and during the interviews you must be able to show that off the back. So giving it another try i emailed and turned in my resume with help for some friends. Then less than a week later Sherrie calls me and asked if i was vacant on September 11th, without a doubt i was in awe with how fast she responded to my resume. Moving on to the 9/11, i get there and she spoke with me and my first impression of her was just so heartfelt. She was so sweet and humble, i could not have had a better convo. The interview was supposed to be a Make-up and Verbal, and she was to fill the positions by that following Monday. Due to the fact that i worked for a sister company i was not allowed to proceed without the consent of my Account Executive for Bobbi Brown. So i knew i had already missed that opportunity at the new store. She did build some extra comfort in me by telling me how much she liked me already, and told me to breathe and i will be receiving another interview on the 23rd. Of course, i agreed and we set our time. From that day she still kept in contact with me and called to return a message i left and confirm our meet on the 23rd.

When i got to the greenbelt training facility on Tuesday the 23rd i was super nervous, but i had a good feeling especially considering how awesome Sherrie is. While sitting there with my model(my mother) the trainers came out and introduced themselves in a very kind and warming matter. Maggie and Jesse are the MAC trainers for all of Virginia. For my demo, i had the pleasure of having Maggie, who consistently assisted me with everything even during the demo. She made me feel so at ease and relaxed, but with a pinch of nervousness. During my make-up interview Jesse began to interview another girl, who i don't think did so well because he wiped everything off and started doing the make-up for her. Teaching and telling her to take a step back to look at the model. At that point i was glad to have not been in that position for i probably would've cried. At the end of my demo Maggie asked my mom what she thought of her makeup and my mom said she loved it, so Maggie gave me a mini cilent facechart to fill out and give to my mom. She wanted to purchase almost everything i used on her :) Maggie than asked my mom if she can take me aside real quick to give some feedback, and guided me to the mini kitchenette.

She said first off, i want to say you did amazing, the only thing is that i want you to investigate more in the beginning than during the demo. You did well though by instead of just applying the products you still asked questions for comfort level, and i loved that you constantly utilized your mirror and asked if she wanted to try to apply the make-up herself. So congratulations, you passed!!! At that moment, i asked her for a hug and told her i was about to cry! She smiled and with her sweet voice still said i earned it. Next she gave me an application to fill out, and said to just wait for Sherrie. Maggie also told me anything that i felt a little shaky about will be something i will learn at MAC BASICS! AhHHHhhhHHHH! My heart was so happy...

So as i was filling it out, Sherrie dismisses another candidate to his demo and i was next in the interview. I'm assuming since we had a little discussion already from my "LAST" interview she didn't ask me any specific interview questions, just about where i wanted to go and what i was looking for. She gave me a little speech with my congratulatory talk and told me she normally doesn't hire people in to FULL time, but thought i would be a good fit. So we discussed some locations, and she told me that i will be hearing for her in a few to possibly 2 days. I got a call that Friday from a Macy's counter manager to go and do an interview with her that Sunday. I guess God works wonders in so many ways cause at Bobbi my schedule had just changed and i was able to go on Sunday. That interview consisted of a lot of managerial question, and little did i know i was being interviewed for a Assistant manager position. After the interview i had a very good feeling about me getting the Full-time position, and she told me she would be in contact with Sherrie and i will hear from them in about a week. The Manager told me she has to make sure her and Sherrie are on the same page, and that Sherrie will make the final offer. There goes me having to wait longer and lose my patience... sigh, but today at 430PM i received a call from Sherrie and my heart was about to explode! The call i have been waiting for, she asked if i have gotten a call from anyone yet and i told her about the Macy's Counter Manager. Sherrie said that she was at her MAC update yesterday and she's off today so she didn't want to bother her and will talk tomorrow, and i should hear from Sherrie by Thursday! She asked me how do i feel about my newest journey, and was like don't worry you are already in! We just have to make sure we are on the same page. Alright we will be in touch my dear! Talk to you soon!... there was more, but that is the JIST of it! So for those in the DMV area, this was a little light i had shine down upon me. Don't give up i hoped this helped! <3 SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG, i just know that whenever i needed help with something of this nature i never have it to the "T," so i wanna assure everyone gets that reassurance that i didn't achieve. GOOD LUCK LADIES!

That's awesome girl! It sounds like you were so ready for this role and the recruiters could tell! Glad it was a great experience and post an update about your phone call back. I hope soon I will be able to have a full time position at MAC, although I do love freelancing and learning new things every day! Thanks for sharing your experience
heart.gif

That's awesome girl! It sounds like you were so ready for this role and the recruiters could tell! Glad it was a great experience and post an update about your phone call back. I hope soon I will be able to have a full time position at MAC, although I do love freelancing and learning new things every day! Thanks for sharing your experience :heart:
I had no choice, but to be ready!!! :( lol however, I did get hired though!!! I got hired as a fulltime 30 hour artist at macy's! Yay! I filled my paper work on Sunday and I start on the 20th! Don't worry you will get there in no time! Where do you freelance at? Or which city and state?