Worst weekend :(

Shawna

Ok, I just needed somewhere to vent. I am a caregiver for disabled kids and all of them were sick with the stomach flu this weekend. It's bad enough that I got covered in poo several times, but to make matters worse, one of my co-workers (I am not sure who) went into my purse and stole a bunch of money from me. WTF??? I mean seriously? I am just so upset that somebody would do that. And it isn't the first time it has happened to me. And they also have been stealing money from the kids. What is wrong with people? Why would you steal money from kids who have nothing to begin with? Sorry for the rant, but I just cannot believe the audacity of some slimeballs. And that was my MAC money
ssad.gif

user4

aww shawna, im so sorry... i agree with u, some people have no heart... how can u steal money from children... and sick children at that. and im sorry about the covered in poop part... i heard a nasty tummy virus is going around!!!

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Can you report your money being stolen to anyone coz that's just nasty but even nastier when you're stealing from kids! Thats so uncool...

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
Can you report your money being stolen to anyone coz that's just nasty but even nastier when you're stealing from kids! Thats so uncool...

It's been an ongoing problem and they thought they had fired the person responsible, but maybe not.......I told my boss right away so he is going to try to set up a sting operation. It just makes me sick to think such a loser would be working with the kids. I mean, I've worked with them for five years and they are like family to me. If someone would steal from them, what else would they do to them? None of the kids can talk or walk so they are easy to take advantage of
th_confused_new.gif
I would hate to thing worse things are being done.

junealexandra

I am really sorry to hear what a horrible day you had and too steal your money on top of it... aghh. Atleast those kids have you to stand up for them! I know from personal experience it's hard. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there.

jess98765

man some people really have no life! i was seriously trying not to become too emotional after reading that post. Those poor little kids have nothing and to steal from them is just totally wrong! And as for your money that sucks big time too. Why do people do such stupid things! i hate it when that happens especially to people who are so nice and caring

lovejam

Wow, that's terrible. Not just the money, but the poo too.
icon_eek.gif

I hope the person gets caught. You should definitely go to your supervisor and let them know this is happening. See if you can get your supervisor to keep an eye on things. Or hell, petition to have lockers put in. Say that you shouldn't have to worry about your belongings at work, you shouldn't have to be worried all day that another co-worker is going to steal all of your money. Surely, your supervisor will hear this and realize that he/she has to do *something* about it. If they don't, go over their head and complain. Keep complaining until they fix the problem, because you really shouldn't have to worry that at the end of the day, all your money will be missing.

And then there's the kids! Stealing from disabled children? How low can a person get? The supervisor *has* to do something about that, especially if it's also the kids that are being robbed. And hell, if you can't get your boss to do something? Tell the parents of the kids what's been happening. Surely, their anger will motivate a higher-up to do something about this.

bluegrassbabe

There is a special place in hell for someone who would steal from those kids. Sorry you have to work with that.

I used to be a CNA in a nursing home, so I can sympathize with you on the poo. I hope tommorow is better for you
smiles.gif

Shawna

My worst weekend just got worse......a good friend of mine's husband was killed in a car crash
icon_eek.gif
leaving my friend and her two small daughters.........I am just stunned. I feel sick writing this

mspixieears

Aw Shawna, I'm so sorry to hear about that.

What the hell kind of people steal from disabled kids? Getting lockers in sounds like a great idea.

I'm really sorry you lost a friend to a car accident. I hope the rest of the family will be ok. Those poor kids.

I hope things improve for you, sounds like you've had it tough for a bit. No fun
ssad.gif

joytheobscure

((Shawna))) I'm so sorry about your friend
ssad.gif

I work in a multihandicapped /emotionally disturbed classroom so I can relate to dealing with anything and everything and as far as the stealing, what a rotten thing to do, we try to hide our purses in my room (from students not adults) I can't believe an adult would steal from kids like that
ssad.gif
Our kids def. get sent home if they have "that" kind of flu, it seems like the parents always send them if they are running a fever though
ssad.gif

Its even worse it was your mac money
ssad.gif
I hope things look up for you soon.