Would anyone know how to acheive this style?

JunkaLunk

10ut0.jpg

I'm a complete dumb dumb when it comes to styling hair, I barely ever mess with my own. But i really like how this looks and my hair is cut similar. suggestions?

iesha

I would guess getting some sculpting wax or a pomade and go crazy with your hair, kind of like how you would go crazy when drying your hair with a towel.

then if you want to perfect it, just fix the pieces you want to be fixed.

thelilprincess

iagree.gif
pomade or styling/wax. i use to use those when my haircut was similar - it gives you that piecy look. don't use too much - start of with a little (i use the tip of my thumbnail to pick up a little of the stuff)and i start off on the ends of my hair. you can always add more pmade/wax, but if you use too much, you risk looking like you have dirty hair. of all the ones i have used, i really like Bumble and Bumble Sumotech - it's a matte pomade. the other shiny pomades would make me look greasy by the end of the day.

Dizzy

I'd say don't blow dry it, instead towel dry it (if it's super wet, paper towels will pick up more excess water than regular bathroom towels) until it's damp, then put product in it.

You'd need some texture to it, I like Kenra's Texturizing Taffy. It's similar to a pomade, but I've never put too much in (like i have with pomade- too much and suddenly it looks like you haven't washed your hair in ages). Just make it peicy with the texture taffy and let it finish drying. If you need volume, you might want to try a root lift with it, but that depends on how your hair is naturally.

And btw: I love the look!! Nice choice
smiles.gif

gator_tots

You definitely need to get a very layered and thinned out haircut first. It needs to be razored. Then like the other ladies said use a light pomade on it and maybe a little hairspray to set it.

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator_tots
You definitely need to get a very layered and thinned out haircut first. It needs to be razored. Then like the other ladies said use a light pomade on it and maybe a little hairspray to set it.

i prefer the razor cut done with shears instead of a razor (somehow it just looks better and i don't get split ends) i've only had a few stylists who are really good with razoring with shears method.