Would like some help finding a good skincare line for me...

Babypopje

Hi there everyone,

My skin is... not really horrible, but far from perfect. Well, I don't need it to be perfect but... well.. we all are looking for a better looking skin, aren't we? I have really been using bits and pieces of skincare lately, and now I am searching for a good skincare line to help me to get my skin looking healthier and with less break-outs. Now, I have a combination skin. I have an oily t-zone, and acne on my cheeks. I also have some little scars from previous acne, so my skin is a bit discolored on some little places, too. And although I have acne on my cheeks, this is also the place that tends to feel the most dry. Also, my skin looks a bit dull, like the blood isn't flowing through properly or something like that. I am 20 years old now.

I would invest in some more expensive skincare, I don't use drugstore products. I am thinking, around MAC prices, or a bit above, like €40 for a moisturiser at the max? I would like to buy a new moisturiser, cleanser and toner first, and later, a serum, scrub, mask and night cream. I do prefer a brand that doesn't use a lot of ingredients like SLS, parabens and silicons for my skincare, but, I am at the point that I tend to not care anymore, as long as it WORKS. LOL.

Things that have kinda worked for me: Studio Moisture Fix (liked it, but feel like I need a tad more moisture than that now it gets colder). I also had some Chanel samples once that were really good, but couldn't afford it back then. Also, I used The Body Shop's Cucumber Water, that also nice.
Things that didn't work for me: The Body Shop's Seaweed Gel Moisturiser (didn't moisturise enough), Vichy Normaderm (same problem), Yes to Carrots moisturiser (too greasy).

Oh, what I do find really nice in a brand, but isn't a break-point or anything, is being able to buy smaller versions of the products first, to try them out before spending lots of money.

Sorry for the rambling, if anyone had a question, please ask!
Thanx in advance!

litelity

Have you tried clinique? Their 3 steps skincare work for me. And you can buy their 3 steps skincare kit first to try how you'd like them.

Babypopje

No, I haven't tried Clinique. I have looked at the kits before though, but I hear that they are sometimes aggressive.. how is your experiance in that?

litelity

Ah, I don't know that it might be aggressive.
Everyone around me who uses them always said they are great, not causing any break out, and repairs their skin from previous break out etc.
Well my sources aren't really vast though, it consist of : me, my mother (clinique was also suggested by her skin dr. as one of the brand that's neutral, as in not having ingredients that's unnecessary/might cause irritation), my flatmate and her mother, and one of my friend who had some break out from other brand before using it.

In my case, I think it works really well. I experienced no acne etc, my skin never felt dry after washing my face with it, and I feel that my skin is just smooth, clear and healthy.

I especially feel it now because I just recently tried changing to other brand, and it really feels different.
I have complains all the time now about my skin and begin to really appreciate my skin condition that I had before changing my brand.
So, I'm looking forward to buy some new supplies of Clinique moisturizer and face wash now (I don't really have that much time to routinely do the exfoliating part).

But, yeah, as always with all skin products I suppose, some brand will work for some people and some just don't. Good luck for your search! ;D

Babypopje

Thanx for the explaination!
Hmmz, I think that I must try it first myself mefore judging about it. I like that they have those kits to try the products out. And I like that you mentioned that they don't use ingredients that are not really needed. I like that in a brand!

Does anyone have expriences with BHA exfoliators vs the ones with scrubby things in them?

litelity

Yay, glad if I could be of help! Crossing my finger now hoping that it will work for you too!

I don't have any experience with any BHA exfoliators or the ones with scrubby thingy though unfortunately :(

thursdaynxt19

I haven't tried any BHA's personally, but I have heard really good things about Paula's Choice. Her RESIST line with BHA, I think?