would this be REALLY tacky?

rouquinne

for YEARS i've been going to MAC events and every time i was approached to be a guinea pig, i've said no.

yes, i know... so sue me!
winks.gif

on November 19th, i'm going to a MAC event [at The Bay St. Laurent for the Ottawa gals - and, yes, they still have lots of room in the afternoon session].

that night i'm also going to a singles event downtown.

would it be REALLY tacky of me to let Sumitra [the manager there] know that i'd be willing to volunteer myself for the *night* look they'll be doing during the seminar???

greengrin.gif

ruby_soho

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
for YEARS i've been going to MAC events and every time i was approached to be a guinea pig, i've said no.

yes, i know... so sue me!
winks.gif

on November 19th, i'm going to a MAC event [at The Bay St. Laurent for the Ottawa gals - and, yes, they still have lots of room in the afternoon session].

that night i'm also going to a singles event downtown.

would it be REALLY tacky of me to let Sumitra [the manager there] know that i'd be willing to volunteer myself for the *night* look they'll be doing during the seminar???

greengrin.gif

What's this event all about? I want to go! Is it only at St. Laurent, or are they doing one at Rideau? You should volunteer for it.

Corvs Queen

I don't think that it would be tacky. Just say that you finally got the guts for it. They don't have to know that you have plans afterwards. Go for it girly!

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
I don't think that it would be tacky. Just say that you finally got the guts for it. They don't have to know that you have plans afterwards. Go for it girly!

i agree, just tell them this time you're sure you want to be a guinea pig :p
good luck and post pics!!!

user4

i would def tell u to volunteer... i dont think it would be tacky at all... u have to pay for it anyways (well buy the giftcard that is...) so might as well get something out of it like a nice evening look!!!

caffn8me

No, that wouldn't be tacky at all. If they know you haven't been willing to be a guinea pig when asked in the past they may not ask you again. Much better to let them know.

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
What's this event all about? I want to go! Is it only at St. Laurent, or are they doing one at Rideau? You should volunteer for it.

it's a MAC seminar held on the same day as the Girl Time Holiday Chic event at The Bay St. Laurent.

i've never heard of them having a seminar at the Rideau Location, but they are having the Girl Time event on Thursday, the 17th. many Bay locations in Canada will be having one of these this month. the tickets are $10, with $8 redeemable when you buy stuff.

the MAC seminar is $30, but you get to redeem $28 in MAC products!

greengrin.gif

thanks all, for the advice. i am going to let her know that i'm willing to be the guinea pig this time around!!!

greengrin.gif

rouquinne

yee haw!!!

i did it!!!

i was the guinea pig today!!!!

i'm just going to take a pic to show you - after i figure out how to post one!
greengrin.gif

i have the "holiday brights" look and it's so young and fresh looking!